1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 prius both side mirror is not heated

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by richard203, Nov 21, 2021.

1. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    heres an update installed the amazon heated mirror and the heated mirror works, so i guess the previous owner installed non heated mirror on both side

bisco likes this.
  2. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    another update on what i found, so i brought another oem heated mirror from a forum member here and install it today and i dont feel the heat so i tested if its getting voltage and its getting voltage. So I guess either the heated mirror no good over time or im just bad luck lol. Ima install back the aftermarket mirror and buying a new after market driver mirror too for the heated feature.

3. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    last update for this thread, I installed aftermarket tyc driver and passenger heated mirror from amazon and both works and the heat u can felt it with ur hand and its hot. I tried going with used oem heated mirror and i dont feel any heat at all so i went with aftermarket heated mirror. My Conclusion is go with aftermarket tyc heated mirror for your replacement heated mirror.

bisco likes this.
  4. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    sorry to update this again lol. After waiting for 2 month the driver side tyc mirror came and I installed and saw that the mirror is distorted i returned and search for other brand heated mirror, I tried a few different company and thank god to amazon for the free return, so I can try different company mirror and have finally found the company that their mirror is almost the same as oem. The only bad part is that the oem mirror cover doesnt seem to go on the dorman mirror mybe my cover tab is worn out from taking off too much lol. But hopefully this is the last update for this thread. The company name for the mirror is called Dorman and I will list the part number and the name. I dont know why I cant post the link.

Passenger side -
    Dorman 955-699 Passenger Side Power Door Mirror - Heated for Select Toyota Models

Driver side -
    Dorman 955-698 Driver Side Power Door Mirror - Heated for Select Toyota Models

5. Todd Bonzalez

Todd Bonzalez Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I bought one of these Dorman mirrors from Amazon a few days ago and can confirm they're a great fit (apart from the mirror cover).

Seems to be an issue most people experience - the original cover doesn't fit because the mirror's made of Chineseium and the holes are off by a fraction of an inch. I suppose you can always snap the tabs off the old cover and glue it onto the new mirror.

6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I generally just break down and try to buy the used ones on eBay but generally about the same money or a little less

7. Todd Bonzalez

Todd Bonzalez Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Whatever works for you bud.:cool:

Gen II's aren't very common around my neck of the woods anymore, so I can get a new Chinese mirror overnight from Amazon or save 10 bucks and wait a couple weeks for some guy in a junkyard in Latvia to mail a used mirror to me

8. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've never thought the original mirrors 'feel' very hot, but a thermal imager clearly shows them heating, sure 'nuff. Maybe these aftermarket ones just use more power, and get hot enough to feel with your hand?

9. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    ya the oem is not hot enough for me to feel it on my hand but the aftermarket ones i can feel it hot in my hand