1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius DEFINITELY has a brake problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Chasels, Feb 9, 2010.

1. bootsykowan

bootsykowan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've always driven with the battery display. I was shocked/scared. I never turned off my running lighs until about 7 months ago, just in case. No difference. There's a difference now so I don't use running light much this past week.

2. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi bootsykowan. To tell the truth I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding exactly what you're saying. Let me paraphrase. You're saying that prior to your visit to the dealer that the main battery seemed to be holding it's charge better than it is currently doing so. Is that correct.

Since the recall should have no effect on the battery (or anything else really) then I guess most people think that you are just imagining a difference. However, just in case you're not mistaken and this is real, could you please post some more details about what is happening with the battery and the "battery display" (we call this the SOC or "state of charge" indicator BTW.) Just how fast does the SOC indicator drop when the headlights are switched on?