1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 prius display screen stayes on after i turn off car

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Chuckynorris, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Chuckynorris

Chuckynorris New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Today i replaced my coolant control valve. When i put the car into into idle mode to bleed the coolant system. After i was done adding coolant i tried turning off the car and i noticed the center screen stayes on, and the only way to turn it off is to disconnect the 12v battery completely. I also noticed when i walk away with the key outside the key fob starts beeping (12v battery still on). Also the screen will say check air-conditioning connector. Ac works just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What does the 12v measure when using a voltmeter at the front jump points?

Which part of California are you near, as there may be another member who can assist.

FYI : you're moderated until you've posted 5 times.

ydpplqbd likes this.
  3. Chuckynorris

Chuckynorris New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    The voltmeter checks out at 12.1v under the hood, i did the self check on center screen and it reads 10v when i turn it off. When on it reads at 14.1v on the screen and volt meter. I forgot to mention i havent driven it in 3 days and the 12v battery was sitting in a pool of water due constant rain. I drained the water yesterday, and its been colder than usual.

Im located in socal. In santa ana

4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Assuming 'idle mode' means ACC or IGG. Always leave the vehicle in the OFF or READY state, otherwise the 12v will drain.
    How old is the 12v battery, and do you have an appropriate battery charger/maintainer laying around?

5. Chuckynorris

Chuckynorris New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    The battery is atleast 5 years old. 100k miles on it. I have an optima battery charger that i will be using tonight for a bit.