1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius - Driver door handle sensor does not unlock door

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Obiwan2, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Obiwan2

Obiwan2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have a 2008 Prius Touring HB. A few months ago, I left the car on Acc mode by mistake and drained the 12V battery. Had to use the manual key to get in the vehicle and jump start the vehicle. Since then I have not been able to open the drivers side door with the SKS and touch sensor. I can lock the door by pressing the black button the handle. Battery in teh FOB appears to be functioning well. Doors unlock when I touch the passenger side handle or the latch on the rear hatch. Key button is up (SKS is operational).

I am not sure if I may have done something when jump starting that turned off the sensor feature of the driver side handle. Have checked with the dealer, and of course they suggest bringing it in for a $xxx eval. Any suggestions would be greatly welcome.

Thanks.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you can't turn off just the door handle. have you tried the other fob? i would replace the fob battery anyway and test your 12 volt.

3. Obiwan2

Obiwan2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thank you for the suggestions. I tried with the second FOB. Same result. 12 volt battery checks out fine.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would next change the fob batteries. they're only a few dollars and easy to do.