1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius: Halogen to HID conversion headlights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mystickid, Nov 5, 2015.

1. mystickid

mystickid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I want to change the stock Halogen headlights on my 08 Prius to HID headlights.

This would be the new headlight for the HID Kit.:
    ANZO USA | TOYOTA PRIUS 04-09 PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS BLACK w/ HALO (CCFL) - Projector Headlights - Headlights

This is the HID Kit to go into the new headlights:
    9003/H4: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Systems from The Retrofit Source Inc

I've used theretrofitsource Kits before; they aint' no cheap eBay crappy HIDs. They make great High end HID kits, projectors, etc,

My Question is: will this headlight + HID conversion mess up the Prius's electrical stuff? The prius relies heavily on a lot of electrical components/systems and stuff will adding this mod cause electrical issues? Hav ethey been known to? Have others done HID conversions on Gen 2 Priii successfully without issues?

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. DGH

DGH Thread Terminator

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. Dion Kraft

Dion Kraft Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just a guess but there has to be some component that is connected to the battery to power the HID's to offload the stock circuit that takes the stock bulbs. The amperage is higher so they had to do something to offload the circuit and not damage it. You would have to check out the difference in the stock headlite circuit as opposed to the optional HID circuit. I am sure it is a addon item. Well first comment here as I am a newbie first day lol! Not a newbie in the automotive field however...