1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius Phone Feature

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Spinnerbug, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Spinnerbug

Spinnerbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I picked up my new prius Pkg 6 last night. I have my Blackberry phone linked to the car, phone book transferred and I can make calls from the car using the phone book or putting in numbers.

Does anyone know how to use dialing by Name Voice tags so you can say "CAll John". I cannot figure it out but the book says it can be done. I had this feature in my Acura and love it. If anyone can share how to do it, that would be Great!:confused:

Love the car....got 49.7mpg on way home from dealer with 39 deg temp.

2. ern1976

ern1976 E Nyce

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Congrats on the new car! Just got my 08 Package 5 last Saturday. What a blast its been!

As for your question. You need to go into the phonebook, choose a name of a person, edit it, and in the edit menu is a record option. You will need to record each and every name of anyone you want to "VOICE DIAL"

Hope this helps!

3. Kidd

Kidd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I feel pretty dumb. i cant manage to figure out how to put just one name in the phone book or speed dial. I did enter names and numbers, but when I go to look them up to make a call, they are not there. Also cant find the instructions in the manual for the phone. I am sure I will be saying Duhh! when I finally get the info I need.

4. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Please bear with me on this one, because I haven't done it for some time.

The instructions are in the manual, and they are fairly easy to follow. The problem I recall is that the manual shows a screen that didn't match what I saw on the MFD. The problem is that you have to scroll the screen to find the other "buttons" showing on the picture in the manual. I forget exactly how this goes (sorry!), but I think you just need to touch an arrow or double-arrow to get the screen to scroll. You'll then find the options you need.

Sorry not to be more specific.

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    As with scrolling the screen, some of the MFD screens have more than one page. Look for the page button in the upper right corner; it let's you page back and forth as needed.

Tom

6. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I really think that's what I was talking about when I said "scroll" -- thanks for the correction.

7. Kidd

Kidd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks! I played around with it for awhile while waiting for my wife to get done with her face peel. Yuck!!! Anyway, I was able to accomplish a few things without the aid of instructions, which by the way I still haven't located in the owner's manual. I assigned two numbers to most of my contacts, but when I go to the phone book, it goes directly to the speed dial screen, and it does not give me the option for the home number or to dial the cell number. What up wit dat? I fortunately will be working this weekend, night shift and I won't have to watch as my wonderful wife's face morph into a peeling blotchy mess. Oh God, did I just say that? Any advice on how to convince her not to do this to herself and me would be appreciated.