1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius Touring Pkg#6 Original Owner 108K

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by kennellyb, Jul 21, 2012.

1. kennellyb

kennellyb New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2008 Prius Touring in Magnetic Gray with Gray Leather for sale with 108K miles

Orange County, CA Please email: Brendan at: [email protected]

Asking price: 15,000

We bought this car in October 2007, when my wife worked for an advertising agency that creates Toyota ads. She worked in downtown LA and commuted from Fullerton. Things changed in September '08 and she began working for her family business in Fullerton and I began driving the Prius on my commute to San Clemente. I have been the primary driver of the car and, as a certifiable car nut, kept it in a very well-maintained state. Most of the miles on this car were traveled on I-5, Hwy 241 and 55 South, though it has been to northern Colorado, Utah, Arizona and Nevada. I've driven it to the Bay Area a few times, once to pick up a door for my 1972 BMW 2002.

Maintenance:

During the warranty period, we took the car to various Toyota dealers for service (Capistrano, Central, Power, Miller). After that, I maintained the car myself, in my garage, by the Toyota book. I changed the oil every 5-7000 miles, using ONLY oil and filters bought at the dealer. For major services, I used only Toyota engine and cabin air filters bought at the dealer. At oil change time, this car shows no oil loss. Two parts failed prematurely, one of them (catalytic converter) was the fault of a dealer (Miller Toyota) performing an unnecessary procedure on the car at 68K or so. The only part failure was the inverter coolant pump at 97K or so, which was at replaced at Capistrano Toyota under the extended warranty we bought at the beginning. I also asked Capistrano Toyota if they could replace the trunk release pad that was deteriorating. At 100K, I asked them to replace the CVT fluid and the engine coolant. The rear brakes were adjusted and the parking brake pad was replaced at that time.

Cosmetics:

Top 1% attention is what this car has received. It has been clay barred with the Meguiars Clay Bar Kit as needed, since new, then polished with either Einszett Polish(Green) or Autoglym Radiant Wax and waxed with either Meguiars Tech Wax or Einszett Glanz Wax. I bought the Einszett Gummi Pfledge stick to keep the door seals supple and I have used both Meguiars Gold Class Leather Care and Lexol Conditioner and Cleaner on the seats. There are no tears or holes in the seats and the retain a supple feel. There is a small blemish on the center console vinyl covering near the seatbelt plug area. This car is my daily driver on a long commute and has some road rash and minor paint chips in the front end. There is a door ding in the rear passenger door from the Target parking lot. Despite the road rash, this car gleams with a shine you rarely see in Magnetic Gray. Additionally, I am very particular about clean engine bays, so I have kept that of this Prius very, very clean.

Wheels/Tires:

The wheels are standard Prius Touring 16" alloy wheels painted in gray metallic. The gray isn't an exact match to Magnetic Gray and I think Toyota didn't intend to color key the body and wheels perfectly because they don't match at all. The 2008 Tourings came with light silver wheel covers over the dark gray alloys, all of which I have in good condition. The car sits on it's third set of tires. The first two were identical sets of Bridgestone Turanza EL42's. The current set of Yokohamas was put on at 96K and I chose them because I run Yokohamas on every other car I've owned and I'm very happy with their wear and performance characteristics.

Records:

I have every maintenance receipt for this car in an organized binder. I have the original window sticker, original delivery documents and some other original delivery items most owners have probably lost or never had.

Asking price: 15,000

IMG_5790-small.jpg IMG_5793-small.jpg IMG_5797-small.jpg IMG_5805-small.jpg IMG_5819-small.jpg IMG_5820--small.jpg IMG_5833-small.jpg IMG_5834-small.jpg IMG_5842-small.jpg IMG_5843-small.jpg IMG_5848-small.jpg

Attached Files: