1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius - Turn Off Warning Lights?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by pcacj, Oct 2, 2014.

1. pcacj

pcacj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    From what I have been able to gather on the triple warning light situation is that they are on due to some type of issue with the actuator. When the lights are on it shuts down certain functions of the brakes but the brakes will still work...just feels a bit different. I have a code reader ( Equus 3100 InnovaCanOBD2 Diagnostic Tool) but it says 'no codes' which is totally baffling. Is there a way for me to turn off my warning lights? Or can it be done by any shop and not just the Toyota shop? I would like to see if they come back on and possibly narrow down this issue before I submit to the chain of repair events and bank account draining that usually seems to follow. Thanks in advance.

2. ccdisce

ccdisce Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You need to fix your braking issues post haste!!!!.

You need a code reader that can read Manufacturer Specific Codes, in your case Toyota, generic code readers are not going to cut it.

The MiniVCI is suggested with its bootleg software.