1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius w/ FRS Wheels

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Jake Joseph, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Jake Joseph

Jake Joseph Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello All!

I recently installed a set of FRS wheels and tires on my 2008 Prius IV. I have installed 3mm spacers on the front wheels to clear both the calipers and to allow me to install the center caps. I also just did a front brake service on the car.

One issue I am having is every time I close my door or go over a bump I hear a jingling, I've narrowed the juggling down to being the washers on the lug nuts. The wheels are all torqued down to 80 foot pounds (I believe it calls for 76 but 80 was easier). Is it okay that these washers jingle or do I need to purchase different lugs? From what I read on other threads you can use the stock lugs on the car with the FRS wheels.

Thank you all for any help!

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    what type of seat do the frs wheels have? if they aren't the same as the oem wheels, then you need to get the correct style lug nuts for those wheels. from what you describe, it sounds like the frs wheels must need cone seat nuts. my motegi wheels have cone seats, so I bought some steel tuner nuts from ebay. you got to torque them several times over a couple hundred miles until they've seated properly too.

3. Monstrp

Monstrp New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm interested in the setup as well. So just 3mm spacer in the front only ? Or on all four ? How did it hold up ?