1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Athena A, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Athena A

Athena A New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi I have been offered a 2008 Prius with 180K/190K miles for a couple thousand dollars. I wanted to know whether if it would last me another 100K if it has been maintained well and has had regular service? What are the things I should look out for? Thank you.

2. nssdiver

nssdiver Me digging' life

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    If it has no rust I will buy it sight unseen...

iPhone ?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it will last forever if you keep fixing it. how much cash do you have for repairs?

the big three are battery, brake actuator and a/c compressor

4. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Since no one wants to prod the elephant here, the major concern would be if the "Big" battery is getting ready to give it up -- meaning a repair/replace bill of about $3,300 or so, give or take.

That age and that mile, that's the big thing to think about. If that doesn't scare you -- or if the battery has already been replaced, the Prius is one of the most reliable and trouble-free cars about lately.

Go to the Toyota owners website -- the official one from Toyota and register yourself and the VIN of the car. It will give you a history of repairs done through Toyota dealers -- if any -- IIRC, sometimes it seems that repairs from elsewhere sometimes might it on that site, also.

A car that old, lots can go, but again, the big concern is the traction battery.