1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 red triangle no code

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Singh3996, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Singh3996

Singh3996 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2008 Prius has the red triangle. When I turn off the car and start it again it won’t leave neutral and it won’t start again unless I unplug and replug the battery. It seems to turn on right after I turn on the heat. The screen just says problem and has no code or anything. I had auto zone try and read it and it didn’t show anything. The car has 190,000 miles on it and I don’t know about the maintenance history from the previous owner. It did have an exhaust leak a little before but it went away when I temporarily patched it up so I don’t think that’s the issue. Any idea what it could be?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Auto zone scanners are not advanced enough to read all the Prius codes. You'll either have to find a better code reader or go to a dealer to find out the problems with the car.

Singh3996 likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

could be many things. without proper codes, almost impossible to determine. get tech stream or go to dealer as jc suggests above.
    common items are inverter fluid pump and hybrid battery