1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 / 2010 PRIUS RUMOR -or- TRUTH ??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FloridaWen, May 15, 2007.

1. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Further, just because you live in an apartment doesn't mean it couldn't be set up so you could plug it in. Here in the "great white north", even apartment parking lots have plug-ins for the block heaters. They are each on a breaker for the apartment they are assigned to - and each apartment had their own breaker box and meter. When I lived in one, I left the breaker off, until I wanted to warm up -my- vehicle. You do have to be a little careful, as there are lots of petty thieves out there, always willing to plug in to -your- power.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David Beale @ May 19 2007, 09:27 AM) [snapback]445685[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah.. except Vancouver :lol:

3. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    For those who can't plug in, a PHEV would be less economical than a regular HEV. The extra batteries in a PHEV would just be dead weight and lower your MPG. Plus the extra initial cost of PHEV over HEV would be hard to justify

Maybe Toyota could offer PHEV as an option (or even a different model) on the next gen Prius.

I'd certainly get one :) I'm holding off my plans for a DIY PHEV conversion in hopes that Toyota comes through...