1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Corolla spare tire

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by jkwho, Dec 6, 2021.

1. jkwho

jkwho New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I know this topic is probably a non-stop thing lol. After searching up and down on this forum, it looks like a corolla's spare tire should fit the 2017 prime. I happen to find a local yard that is selling a 2009 Corolla's spare tire. Just want to confirm that should fit as I have a 2500 mile road trip towards the end of the month.

Thanks in advance!

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't have a personal experience, but from reading on this site, some model year Corolla steel wheels do work on Gen3 Prius. It should also work on Gen4.

Looking at this site, the 2009 US model Corolla OEM alloy wheel spec is similar but not identical to PP.
    Toyota Corolla 2009 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs - Wheel-Size.com

The bolt pattern and bore size are the same. The tire diameter should be OK since the 2009 Collora OEM 15" tire size is identical to PP. The only question is the Offset. The OEM Collora 15" wheel has 6Jx15 ET33 spec, whereas PP has spec of 6.5Jx15 ET40. 7mm may not be a problem but I can't say for sure. For a temp spare, the spec may be similar, but I am not sure.

Now I bumped this thread, other people may chime in with a definite answer.

3. Marine Ray

Marine Ray Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    If you find the Corolla wheel fits, remember to consider a new spare tire to replace the, soon to be, 13 year old rubber.

xliderider likes this.