1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Prius 3 half of main display stopped working

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by spirit37, Mar 20, 2023.

1. spirit37

spirit37 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Help!, as above; after reconnecting the 12V battery, the half of the main display (multidisplay, not navi radio) did not light up, the one with the car and used engines, fuel consumption, etc. What went wrong? Software crash or physical damage to some electronics or the display itself? If the display itself was damaged, have any of you already gotten to it, and is it possible from its front, without disassembling the all dashboard..

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Have you tried disconnecting the 12 volt again waiting a few minutes and reconnecting just to see if the display comes back UK and US cars should be similar You're not going to do much of any of this without the dashboard coming up and that's a fun job I actually can do it pretty quickly now but I've never seen half the display go out on the Gen 3 not saying that it can't any of them can and it would seem to me that it would probably be the display one would think taking power away and returning it should reboot have there been any problems with the display since you've had the car.?

spirit37 likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    on a gen 2, that would be a capcitor. maybe similar? check the 12v health first.

spirit37 likes this.
  4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You are 2009 over there in London should be our generation 3 here which actually started and I guess 2010

spirit37 likes this.
  5. spirit37

spirit37 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Luckily big relief: no damage but hanging, the display came to life in the morning after reconnecting additionally charged battery. Thank you all.

bisco likes this.