1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Prius - ABS Actuator Out / HV Battery harm?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by HiJoe, Nov 3, 2021.

1. HiJoe

HiJoe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks everyone for the help! I think we're in the clear for now and I learned quite a bit more about my 2009! Much appreciated!

TheLastMojojomo likes this.
  2. TheLastMojojomo

TheLastMojojomo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    This is false, the ABS pump does not pull power from the HV Battery. It pulls power from the 12v.

There is 0 risk of a bad ABS pump (which it sounds like you don't even have) damaging the HV Battery.

Could it damage the 12v? Sure. A bad Accumulator pump will constantly cycle sometimes with the car off, which will discharge it. But there is ZERO risk for Hybrid Battery damage.

As far as diagnosing a bad Accumulator... here is a Video showing my Brake Accumulator functioning normally. (0:17-0:35). This video is from my personal 09 Gen 2

here is another Video showing Brake Accumulator failure. this video is from another Gen 2 Prius that shows Brake Accumulator failure with an in-depth description in the post of what's happening.

Seems like you have things figured out but thought this info might be helpful.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.