1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Prius, aux charging plug problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MargeM304, May 8, 2017.

1. MargeM304

MargeM304 On the road again...

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The aux sockets to plug in my cell phone charger on my 2009 Prius with 108,000 miles have stopped working. First the one under the glove box stopped charging; then I was using the one in the console and now it doesn't work either. Could this be a problem with fuses or something? Everything else is fine. I plan on going in for an oil change soon, and I was going to ask about them, but I don't want to be charged a ridiculous amount to fix them. It's annoying to not be able to charge my cell phone. Also, speaking of oil changes, at my car's age, do you think I should still be going to the dealer for oil changes, or should I just take it to a quick change place?

2. Sandollars

Sandollars Prius Maven

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It certainly could be a fuse but whenever I hear about electrical things slowly going dysfunctional in a car with vegetable based insulation on the wiring, I just can't help thinking about rodent damage.... I truly hope it's not. I had a 4 month old BMW that sustained $30,800.00 in damages due to a rodent who took up residency.