1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Prius Base - Ecomodded

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Matt Herring, Apr 28, 2009.

1. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  2. Matt Herring

Matt Herring New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Since my last update back in May I've had some time to learn the ins and outs of hypermiling in my Prius. I've gone from 55 mpg up to my all-time tank of 63.8 mpg this week (as recorded on my mfd)!

Between May and now most of my gains have come from honing my highway driving skills (an improvement of about 10 mpg since I bought the car in March). I had been using the IGN method on my SGII and just today started using the Xguage GPS feature which produced excellent results. On a 60 mile roundtrip today I saw 70+ mpg on my inbound trip and 62+ mpg on my outbound trip...certainly a favorable improvement from the 50-55 mpg I saw a few months ago.

I ran a partial grill block up until about 2 weeks ago and am not operating with just an upper block. I do most of my driving early in the morning and late at night so typical temps are in the 55-65 degree range. I'll be installing an EBH sometime before the Fall in hopes of protecting my mpg against falling temps.

My new goal is 64 mpg on my mfd and with my new and improved highway technique I hope to see that figure soon!

3. Matt Herring

Matt Herring New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    August update...

Posted my all-time high mpg last tank at 64.3 mpg...each tank has been a new record for me as I approach 65-66 mpg. Had my EBH installed last week in preparation for cooler temps coming in the Fall but it has been helping when I leave the house in 60 degree morning temps.

Going to the AMEC mpg competition in Fonda, NY this weekend!