1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Prius has same screen as 2005, can this be?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by R-P, Feb 18, 2013.

1. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Is this correct? I have the non-navigation unit.

Here's a pic from mine.
    [​IMG]

From this article I read that it is the same display as the 2004/2005 has. I always thought all displays from 2006 onwards were different?

[​IMG]

So what does this mean for my wish to put in a reverse camera? I have been focussing on post-2006 articles, but it now turns out I have to look at older articles?

Gratuitous pic from the internals. I stopped taking it apart further when I found this article won't help me one bit...
    [​IMG]

Pinout according to 2006 tech bulletin:
    [​IMG]

2. bhilgefort

bhilgefort Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It is utterly ridiculous that these displays cost as much as they do because if they were any cheaper we would already know the answer about the newer displays and why people like us have the crappier parts. I'm guessing your display software also looks cheap and unpolished? And another guess... No SmartKey as well? My 2008 doesn't even beep when you lock it using the keyless entry.

3. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    No smartkey either.
    I think some progress has been made in another post, but flicking through it, it hasn't sunk in what was achieved exactly. I gave up and bought a 7" double din, but as I haven't installed it yet and am still in the process of fitting a reverse camera (it is fitted, but the wiring only reaches between the front and the rearseat yet :ROFLMAO: ), I am still tempted to dive into this again.

I think this is the link with some more info.