1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Prius - Navigation has died

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by Justanotheropinion, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Justanotheropinion

Justanotheropinion New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Long story short, Main panel goes in and out (the sytem/screen that displays map, controls Temp and all elec settings). When it is out/black, buttons on either side of screen don't function. Radio will go out, but hitting AM/FM turns it back on. AC is currently on due to hi temps here, but if Nav System goes out, AC stays on - no change in performance.

Took car in this AM to 2nd dealer in 2 wks. First dealer was a joke - replaced something I didn't have an issue with. 2nd dealer is much larger, but by end of today, couldn't replicate problem. Also said they plugged my issues in a central Toyota Repair system and although my issues come up, the fact that radio & AC don't completely stop functioning, makes me a rarity. Others have not had this issue. That's nice, but doesn't help me.

Has anyone else had this issue? At my whits end as we complete week 3....Master Techs can't replicate the issue and they can't find anything wrong.

Even if you haven't had the issue, would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction for resolution if you have any info in that area. Toyota Corp response was "it is no longer under warranty so we can't help you'....never mind the fact that it's only 4 yrs old and all the techs agree that it shouldn't have failed this soon. This was my big fear on getting a Prius - the electronics.

Any help out there?