1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Prius Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Marta Paglianni, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Marta Paglianni

Marta Paglianni Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Prius friends, a question for all of you. When my daughter was in HS her grandmum gave her a 2009 Prius who she owned. Then last year when she went to college the took it with her.

She called me last night with an issue she is having. This is what she told me so hopefully someone can help.

"Hi Mom, my Prius has not been responding to locking. My front passenger lock randomly works. The day before while I tried unlocking my car, both the driver and front passenger lock were unresponsive. When I went to my car tonight, my driver side unlocked and the passenger side remained unresponsive. The one button in my car is orange too."

I am waiting to talk to her again to ask her what she means by the yellow button. I mentioned that perhaps her car key needs a new battery but she thinks is something else.
    Anybody has any idea what could be wrong?

TIA!!
    Marta

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  3. Marta Paglianni

Marta Paglianni Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    JimboPalmer thanks so much your your tip. That makes so much sense and I did mention the battery to her. Both are fairly easy to change so I will tell that to my daughter so her boyfriend, or a friend, can help her. :).

#3 Marta Paglianni, Mar 9, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2019