1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Prius Staggering Repair Costs!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by scienceexpert, May 2, 2009.

1. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Folks, the OP is a troll. Please quit feeding him.

/like I just did :eek:

2. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    When you buy parts from a "Stealership" they are always gouging customers with overcharges.

3. Mike Dimmick

Mike Dimmick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota are still participating in the boondoggle/fraud though. There was even a front-page piece here about it. The latest puff magazine they sent through (must get off mailing list...) talked about a 2025 Prius being a fuel-cell hybrid. I do hope not.

4. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Prices will come down in a few years.

5. WolfB

WolfB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My son is driving my 2004 which has over 140,000 miles and I haven't had to replace the batteries yet. I've only ever had the brakes pads replaced once (in the rear) at 120,000 miles and the dealer told me today that both the front and rear brake pads have 70% left. In contrast, my dad just did the brakes on his Subaru 4WD at 70,000 and it cost him $700. I'm so happy with the low cost of maintenance on the Prius that I bought a 2006 and a 2008 after the 2004.

6. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Re: Fletcher Jones Toyota Las Vegas price quote!

Each and every Toyota dealership is an independent company, separate from the Toyota factory, so they may charge what ever they wish. That does not change Toyota's suggested retail.

After your warranty period, I recommend ReInVolt

Remanufactured Hybrid Vehicle Battery Packs

Sadly Lithium and NiMH batteries recharge entirely differently, so you won't be using any of the existing electronics to charge a lithium battery.