1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Prius with Hymotion on CraigsList

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PeakOilGarage, Oct 6, 2008.

1. PeakOilGarage

PeakOilGarage Nothing less than 99.9

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    2009 Toyota Prius Plug IN Hybrid - 150mpg!
    This is for real. 2009 Toyota Prius, Package #6 touring edition.
    It is at the Green Car Company which is the Hymotion installer for the Pacific Northwest.

The color on the ad is wrong. It is not the spectra blue. It is actually the lighter shade of blue.

I also told them they need to change the pure EV range to 20-25 miles.

No sales tax if sold in the state of Washington. There is a two year sales tax holiday.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  3. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Would you care to share your source on the Sales Tax Holiday in Wa so I can start celebrating?

4. PeakOilGarage

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    This should help you to believe that this is real.

Here is the list of official Hymotion Installers from the Hymotion website:
    Get charged: explore the plug in experience

You can easily see that Green Car Company in Seattle is one of the official installation locations.

Here is the website for Green Car Company
    http://www.thegreencarco.com/product_info/universal_piprius_kit/

The picture on their website is out of date because they used to do a different Plug-In kit. But they have done about 35 Hymotion batteries in Seattle so far. Most were fleet vehicles until now. They have done 5 for private owners, including mine today.

I just saw the light blue 2009 Prius, #6 with touring, on their showroom floor. It is for real and it is for sale. No wait for a Toyota Prius and no wait for a Hymotion kit.

If you ordered a Hymotion battery today, your installation date would be January or February of 2009.

5. PeakOilGarage

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    It is Washington State law. Two years (2009 and 2010) sales tax holiday of the state 6.5% sales tax on new vehicles that get over 40 mpg. The Toyota Prius, Honda Civic Hybrid and a few other vehicles qualify.

You still have to pay the local sales tax depending on the county that you live in. In King County (Seattle area) that is about 3%.

Only the state sales tax of 6.5% is part of the state law.

I was told that dealers can start offering it on November 16th. They can deliver the vehicle and accept payment, then file the state paperwork 45 days later. So that all vehicle sales after November 16th, 2008, will qualify under the January 1st, 2009 law.

6. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks. Here is the source if anyone is interested.http://dor.wa.gov/docs/pubs/specialnotices/2008/sn_08_greenvehicleexmpt.pdf

7. PeakOilGarage

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    It looks like these are really selling. I was there today and they have sold two 2009 Toyota Prius with Hymotion installed.

Green Car Company

This is not a scam. This is the place where mine was installed and I saw the new Toyota Prius that was being prepared. Green Car Company is the local installer for Hymotion.
    Get charged: explore the plug in experience

Are any of the Toyota dealer installers doing this on new 2009 Prius models?

8. eagsc7

eagsc7 Geocacher

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Darnet... Lets just NOT tell my wife about the sales tax Holiday... We just got ours at the end of July... WHY!?!?

The Steaks

9. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What will happen in, say, 2012-2015 when the state realizes all that tax revenue would have been useful?

If we presume that sales tax revenue is useful to the state/county/city governments, then a holiday seems like short-term foolishness.

10. max9952001

max9952001 Plugging In

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    At my install today, I mentioned this to the installer. They are planning to do this in time as well. Initially the owner wanted to have the install at his Toyota Franchise, but for political reasons, he moved it to his VW dealership. He is now working on the political issues to move it back to the Toyota shop.