1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010/11 JDM Prius LED drl for sale blue or white color

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by Dawit, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Dawit

Dawit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    for the fog lights you need to buy Fog light harness/switch (I bought mine from Autozone). The DRL I had it on 100% brightness all the time and just connected it to the fuse box. You can also get DRL controller if you want the DRL to turn off or dim with the headlights are on.

2. babubhai

babubhai Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks again. What about the foglights? Did you wire them with a switch? or some relay?

3. Dawit

Dawit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    the fog light harness comes with everything you need including relay and switch.

4. babubhai

babubhai Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds good. Thanks again for answering all the questions. I am pretty sure everyone whoever will read this will take advantage of your knowledge. Was it pretty easy to wire the fog light relay & switch? I have worked on other vehicles before, just little concerned for the Prius as it has more electronics than normal vehicles.

5. Dawit

Dawit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Not complicated at all. It was my first time doing anything like it. Just followed the video on you tube how to install fog light for 2010 prius. Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions.

6. Skunkworks

Skunkworks Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Still have the blue lights?

7. Dawit

Dawit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes I have the blue. PM me if you're interested.

8. kiko

kiko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Dawit,

I was wondering if you can help me out with this yahoo Japan kit . I purchased a set of the integrated fog lamps / LED turn signal and DRL form yahoo japan. I finally received the package but it did not include any installation instructions.

Toyota Dealer told me that they would not install them unless I provided them with the instructions. Did you get any instructions with your set? How did you figure out how to install?. Where the factory harness connectors compatible with this kit ? or did you have to find plugs and adapt ?

FYI, I contacted the seller and asked for instructions so far no reply . My car already has factory fog lamps. So it should be relatively easy as long as the wire harness connectors are compatible with each other. I’m not sure how to wire the DRL lights with the Red/ Black wire where do you connect to and how?

9. Dawit

Dawit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It's not difficult to install this kit especially if you already have the factory fog light. It's simple. There is a video on YouTube how to install fog light for 2010 prius. Watch that video and you'll be fine. The power connection for the DRLs, just tuck in the positive wire to 10amp fuse in the fuse box and the negative wire connect it to any bolt(ground). I have posted some pictures some where in this thread. Check it out. For the foglights you can just use the harness you already have just a simple connection. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more pictures or help.

10. kiko

kiko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can you clear up a few things for me. Did your order come with instructions? Or did I get shorted on my order? I’m not very good at this kind of stuff and would prefer to have the dealer do it. But I need to provide them with the instructions. Do you have a copy?

I do have a few other questions , One thing I’m not clear on is if the Auto-Wear connectors from the lamps are compatible to the Prius factory harness connectors?. Did you have to buy any connectors to make all work?. If so can you provide a list.. I still have the original parts on the car and have no way of knowing this until they are removed. I hate surprises when you are in the middle of a project and have to run out to the local auto parts store.

Another question I guess you joined the LH and RH red & black wires together and ran up to the fuse box using the wires show in your pictures. Did you solder them together and use a shrink wrap or did you use a quick connect to splice them ? What type of connector did you use in the fuse box? Worried may get loose or fall out .

Thanks
    You’re a wealth of knowledge

11. Dawit

Dawit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The kit doesn't come with instructions. The Auto-wear connectors for the signal lights are compatible with the OEM just plug and play. The only thing you need for this installation is an extra red and black electrical wires for the DRLs. Just combine the two sides together and connect it to the fuse as shown in the picture. (very simple). I didn't have the OEM fog lights in my prius so I had to buy the foglight harness. In your case since you have the OEM fogs already all you have to do is just connect the + and - wires to the new kit. If the OEM plug is not compatible just cut the wires and connect the positive and negative wires, tape them with electrical tape and that should be it.

It's very easy install don't waste your money with the dealer. They will charge you an arm and a leg for such a simple install. My installation was harder because I had to wire the foglights since I didn't have the OEM fog lights on my car. When I did mine that was my first time doing anything like it. So you should be fine. what city do you live in?

12. kiko

kiko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for your offer to help but I live in N. Carolina. Anyway I have decided to sell my set of new Japanese imported Prius - 30 Integrated LED turn/ fog lamps with LED DRL.

13. HeinzCatSoup

HeinzCatSoup Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

how much !! pics? price? me want'y

14. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  15. HeinzCatSoup

HeinzCatSoup Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  16. Xterra72

Xterra72 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    You still have the blue tow hook drl?

17. kiko

kiko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  18. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I believe it was from Yahoo auctions Japan.

SCH-I535

19. Dawit

Dawit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    yahoo auctions japan

20. thewraith

thewraith Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm another noob who wants the tow hook led's in white. Can someone sell them to me or provide me with a link? My car is a 2010 Prius Package 1.