1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010-2012 toyota prius smd led interior+exterior 12-piece light kit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by evebill8, Feb 22, 2012.

1. evebill8

evebill8 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have the iJDMToys in the interior (but not exterior as the color doesn't match the LED headlights) and no, they won't void the warranty.

1 person likes this.
  3. alfa737

alfa737 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I installed them and they look awsome..

Link

1 person likes this.
  4. evebill8

evebill8 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just notice it. The kit is not meant for the Prius with sunroof. The Prius in the demo has the moonroof, the website says "For 2010 and up Toyota Prius without the sunroof" Just don't understand?????

5. TruSound

TruSound Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I installed this kit, can't imagine the warranty would be affected.

Very nice upgrade.

6. sKwiD

sKwiD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a similar LED kit in my Honda Fit and I personally don't like it due to the color. The "Xenon White" color has a bluish hue to it and it's a little too blue for my taste. I was expecting a pure white. And considering the amount of LED's present it appears to be weak in lumens. How it looks in the pics is exactly how it looks in person. Just something to consider.

7. tsktsk

tsktsk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have these lights installed. Interior is bright as heck, and the exterior license plate is nice. The parking lights are very blue and I think they clash with even 6000K HIDs which are supposed to have a little blue tint, but oh well. And, yes, the kit does not work with the sunroof because the front map lights in the package are too large. Luckily, I live close by and they swapped them out for another pair which were smaller, but they credited me the difference. I used the credit to get a smaller panel for the dome light, but it is still extremely bright inside.

8. evebill8

evebill8 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Same here. They swap me the 6 piece kit with the right size for the sunroof trim. I will be getting it this weekend.

9. tgtech

tgtech Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Save yourself $60 and buy SMD LEDs on eBay - they are CHEAP and you'll have several extra for other cars if you simply buy two of each item in the pic below ... The ones shown will take care of your license plate light, dome light, map lights and more.

Attached Files:

10. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It's the opposite for me. The pure white 5100K "natural white" WLED-WHP5 from sueprbrightleds that I had in the interior for a while proved too harsh and gnarly on my eyes. I switched to bluer 5500K leds and they're less harsh on the eyes and at the same time match my bluish exterior puddle and license plate lights. I actually prefer the stock yellowish light as it's the most natural looking and easiest on the eyes, but the mismatch bothered me enough to change them out.

11. evebill8

evebill8 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I got the bulbs this week. I find it is very difficult to open the cover for the map lights, door lights, and mirror lights. How did you guys do it?

Billy

12. arsen89

arsen89 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I dont have the same Prius as you do Billy ('08 II Gen) but what I used to get mine in was a box cutter knife. Be careful and make sure you get in just right then simply pry open, works like a charm.

13. TruSound

TruSound Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The map light lens on my v was easily removed with a small flat blade screwdriver, the v style is push on/ push off. At either end where the lens hinges gently pry down, it'll pop right off it's post, the lens has u shaped prongs at either end that pop on to the posts in the housing.
    The door lenses are easily removed with the same flat blade, pry from underneath and pop it right off...very easy install for all the lights I installed, 2 map, 1 dome, 2 vanity, 1 cargo and the front doors.
    The vanity housings were the toughest, careful with these.

14. k.s.c

k.s.c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    just an FYI. the JDM kit doesn't fit the 2012 Prius. I just bought it and the wires for the front map lights are too short, the leds are too long for the puddle lights so you can't put the plastic cover back on them and the dome light is just a little too big but will work if you force it. I called JDM (ps. trying to find their number is not easy) and they said to email them pictures so I sent a video. No response yet. Not the best customer service. I'm just going to go with what TGTECH said and get them on ebay. He was right, for what you pay for the JDM kit, you can get a whole lot more on ebay. Or just get it all for less.

Just food for thought. I'll let you know if they ever email me back but from the conversation I had with them on the phone, they basically said "we don't believe you" and hung up on me.

15. k.s.c

k.s.c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    just an FYI. the JDM kit doesn't fit the 2012 Prius. I just bought it and the wires for the front map lights are too short, the leds are too long for the puddle lights so you can't put the plastic cover back on them and the dome light is just a little too big but will work if you force it. I called JDM (ps. trying to find their number is not easy) and they said to email them pictures so I sent a video. No response yet. Not the best customer service. I'm just going to go with what TGTECH said and get them on ebay. He was right, for what you pay for the JDM kit, you can get a whole lot more on ebay. Or just get it all for less.

Just food for thought. I'll let you know if they ever email me back but from the conversation I had with them on the phone, they basically said "we don't believe you" and hung up on me.

1 person likes this.
  16. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Basically having/had the same issue with them. I got some LED turn signals that didn't fit right and after a week and a half got them to provide a reasonable solution. Bottom line: make sure you know what you are ordering.

17. root

root New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Do you know if the ones you have shown will fit in the map lights of a sunroof-equipped model?

18. evebill8

evebill8 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  19. mfavro

mfavro New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for posting the Ebay examples, any way you could comment on what of the LED kits listed go where? Great examples but I'm trying to figure out what goes where? I'm guessing the first kit is for the dome and the last on the list is for the trunk?