1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 a/c issues

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by 10priusdave, Feb 21, 2021.

1. 10priusdave

10priusdave New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    so my question is my 10 Prius a/c light and compressor will only work in defrost. i can push a/c button and nothing happens. this it the crazy part i found if i push the a/c button and the one to the left "the fresh air filter button" the a/c light will come on and i have cooling for a undetermined amount of time. i have to push them together or it wont work. it stays on even if the fresh air times out and goes back to normal?
    any ideas as to the problem and or a fix?
    thank you

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    It could be an ECU problem, or control panel. Here is a keyboard and ECU test that will report a 00 at the end if no problems detected. If it shows a code, you will have to search the threads here for the applicable maintenance manual excerpt. I have that section somewhere and will post if need be. Or I could look it up for you.

The keystrokes for this test are start from ACC mode (power on without brake), hold down AUTO and Recirculate/Fresh Air buttons, and press START again. Should see A/C LCD and all LED lights blink 4 times at 1 second interval followed by a code displayed where the preset temperature (digits on left side of LCD) are normally displayed. A 00 code means no problems. Then press OFF to escape.

3. 10priusdave

10priusdave New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    hey thanks for the info/help. i ran through the steps and it reads 00
    also now notice at above like 60 outside if i push the a/c and filter air button the a/c light stays off and compressor
    does not run. under 60 will stay lit and freeze you out. as well as always works in defrost most. weird!!