1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 ABS Connector

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Mrmxyzptlk, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Mrmxyzptlk

Mrmxyzptlk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I have a 2010 Prius that is showing ABS, traction control, etc. warning lights. The dealer said it needs new front speed sensors and a new ABS actuator so I figured I'd replace the front sensors and see if that fixed the issue since the dealer wanted $900 to replace them.

The left front connector is damaged and needs to be replaced. Does anyone have a suggestion for a source for a pigtail?

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Directly solder into it

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Can you describe the damage to the connector at all? Looking at that sensor, it has quite a long pigtail and looks like the actual connector would be pretty out-of-the-way and protected from damage.

If the damage is confined to the sensor and its own pigtail and connector, you can just replace the sensor. The Toyota one is $200-ish and aftermarket replacements look to be $20-ish. I don't know how good they are, but it's not a super complicated part. The brake ECU has an extra-sensitive sensor test mode that the repair manual tells you to use after changing any wheel speed sensor, though I see a lot of posts from people who have skipped that step. If a $20 aftermarket sensor shows no problems in the special test mode, I would say it's probably good to go.