1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 accident/incident

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by DeanFL, Jul 14, 2009.

1. namasteflc

namasteflc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The snow/ice load on my roof finally let loose after 2 hours of driving. It happened as i braked on a hairpin exit from an expressway. The ice entirely covered the windshield, i turned on my 4-way flashers but the car behind continued to tailgate. I drove for about 100' till the ramp widened enough for the tailgater to get around. I got out of the car and pushed the ice off of the windshield- the wipers had trouble getting the rest of the snow off of the windshield.

2. Waupaca

Waupaca New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My 2010 Prius was hit in November after 4 months of ownership. I was parked on a side street and a girl backed out of a driveway with a minivan and crunched my front left bumper. Broke the bezels on the fog light and turn signal, mangled the headlamp washer. also hit the LF tire and wheel. She was good and filed police report; her insurance paid in full for repairs and rental car. Repair was done by Certified Collision Center in Schaumburg, IL, and took just over 2 weeks because of waiting for parts. Bumper was replaced and painted, tire replaced, bezels and headlamp washer replaced. Wheel alignment done and aligned, and car seems good as new. I have also heard other good words for this repair shop, which is owned by Schaumburg Toyota. Total cost to her insurance for the repair was $2,015.

Attached Files:

3. bighouse

bighouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This thread scares me.

4. Tom183

Tom183 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    ermmm... Could be true - I've had mine for barely 2 weeks and one of the tires was flat today (punctured by a screw).

ooooooEEEEEEEEoooooooo..... :scared:

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i think its just careless people who have too much on their plate to concern themselves with where they are going. i mean like texting, makeup, audio adjustments, etc. like who has time to drive??!!

now, i have 2 Pri's and 3 accidents in the last 6 months...none in the past 4 so gives you an idea of the summer i had. well, other than having to put up with sucky rental cars (actually pocketed $1100 on one accident because i decided not to fix it (was tired of auto body shops by then) but none were our fault. so, what the heck i guess.

6. goodwin

goodwin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My 2009 Prius ran smack into a daredevil deer trying to cross the road. Luckily for me I didnt see it or I might have instinctively swerved and ended up in the ditch. Front end left side and hood damaged, it still drove. Body shop had about $3,000 estimate on it until they did further work and discovered that the bracket holding that nice big shiny metal hybrid system component inside was damaged- so they totaled it. Insurance company paid me $1,100 more than I paid for it 10 months and 23,000 miles ago. I found a used 2010 Prius V with 137,000 miles and ended up paying only $575 out of pocket for the Prius upgrade.

7. kayak99

kayak99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    With a 2007 Prius my wife hit a deer on the way to work one foggy morning. The only apparent damage was to the hood but the car was towed. Air bags didn't even deploy. Body shop discovered the hybrid motor was moved one inch and refused to work on it so the car was totaled. This Prius was only a little over a year old. The insurance company paid enough to buy a new 2009 with nothing added from us.