1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 cars wont be sold until june!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by winebuff, May 11, 2009.

1. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Well those of us in the center of the country (Ark.) can't even use the "build your Prius" tool on toyota.com to find a dealer to buy one from. My local dealer said not to expect cars in until late June.
    So to the extent what you see is a "west coast thing" it's better than what we are getting here in the heartland.

2. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    I would suggest a road trip! They are in Oregon, in the port docked.
    Was going to go and take pics but work has been nuts! Lots of alcohol to sell :)

I got 3 calls yesterday for available cars from dealers I had contacted. Looks like myself and another lucky person here will have their cars next week. If you want to make a road trip to Oreogn, glass of wine included, pm me and I will try and hook you up with a dealer who has a car or knows how to get it. Road trips are good :)

3. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

I must say, since the '10 was introduced on Toyota.com and the 'Build Your Prius' activated - I find it inexcusable that Toyota USA would NOT have a notice for those users in regions where the '10 info is not accessible. Imagine...potential customers (yes, those seeing the multi-million $$) commercial) going to the site and frustration....only links to the '09 configurator. There is no alert message for those impacted zip codes.

BUT I WANT A '10!!! Doesn't Toyota want my business??? If these folks aren't PCers, what are they to think?

It would be so easy, and professional, for Toyota to include a simple explanation. Perhaps there is no simple explanation....

But, selfishly, this may be a good thing - more '10 Prii for US!