1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Combination Meter Issue

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by DFrankl, Apr 1, 2013.

1. DFrankl

DFrankl New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I own a 2010 Prius that now has over 90K under its belly (got it new at around September 2009). While driving at night all of a sudden the central LCD panel (Odometer) shut down. The right lanel is perfectly fine. I was told at several Toyota dealerships that it would take 4-6 weeks to repair, and that I must leave the car at the dealership. Parts and labore quotes ranged from $850.00 to $2000.00+! This makes no sense to me. Is there a better solution? I have searched up and down this blog and couldn't find an answer to my question. In case one is indeed posted, please accept my apologies.

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This is a fairly common problem on both Gen2 and Gen3 Prius, if it isn't something simple such as the dimmer knob (or a a fuse, F27, in the fuse panel below and to the left of the steering column) it is usually the left or right instrument panel. As I recall several people with new 2010 cars posted that one side or the other had to be replaced. I don't understand the 4-6 week waiting period, they should be able to get the part in a few days and replace it in a few hours. You didn't post your location but if there are any independent shops in your area that specialize in hybrid cars try them.

Here are a few posts I found using Google, there are more:

HELP! Dash lights (mph, gas remaining, etc) not working | PriusChat
    Dash lights not coming on when headlights on | PriusChat
    Dashboard Lights not Working + Other weird things... | PriusChat