1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 DAB unit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Danny Oxford, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Danny Oxford

Danny Oxford New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Recently bought a Gen3 2010 Prius without a DAB and now trying to find an original Toyota one to fit. Was disappointed to find the official Toyota Retro fit was an off the shelf add-on that re-broadcasts to FM and not the original part working under the DAB fascia button.

Any ideas where I could find an original Toyota DAB component for a 2010 Prius ? I've tried breakers yards but they don't seem to do radios/DAB units.

Danny

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    what is dab?
    eBay?

3. Danny Oxford

Danny Oxford New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yep looked at ebay already. DAB is a radio transmission standard in many countries, like the U.K.

bisco likes this.
  4. Stealth Badger

Stealth Badger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Hi Danny, I've been searching for 7 months for a second hand upgrade for my B9019 radio.
    Toyota quoted my £507 +VAT to install although they do the FM modulator version.

I believe the part number is PZ473-T0210-AO for the proper one that operates through the DAB button and GBNGADABTOY1 for the modulator one.

I will shortly be going for the GBNGADABTOY1 option from AutoDAB or use a Pure Highway 400 plugged in to my Aux but haven't made up my mind yet. Leaning towards the Autodab to keep it all hidden away.

Danny Oxford likes this.
  5. Stealth Badger

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Thought this installation manual for the DAB extra would be of interest Danny.

I was searching to see if there was a DAB aerial already fitted to connect an aftermarket adapter to but it looks like Toyota just stick one to the screen as well.

Attached Files:

6. Danny Oxford

Danny Oxford New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Looks like you're right,I'm surprised at that, I figured the main antenna would also service the DAB. Just reading back, I'm intrigued that you say .. "I believe the part number is PZ473-T0210-AO for the proper one that operates through the DAB button" ...

Did Toyota say that was a possibility ? my dealership said it wasn't available and hadn't been for years ?

Just to add to the nightmare of my search for DAB (could be a movie my now), I've had the AudtoDAB fitted for a couple of months with, to be honest, very poor performance, and then last week with the cold weather in the UK my windscreen cracked - my first thought was the DAB aerial.

The windscreen repair company just about managed to reattach it again but i's danging by a thread and won't last long. If that original Toyota option is available, I may well go down that route.

Good luck with yours.

Danny

7. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just searched that part number and found this.

Genuine Toyota Yaris Hybrid Dab Audio W/O Usb PZ473-T0210-A0, PZ473-00210-ME | eBay

8. Danny Oxford

Danny Oxford New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ooh that's interesting ! I may well buy it off them and get my local dealership to install, just need to investigate a little more.

You might have just made my Christmas.

Prodigyplace likes this.
  9. Stealth Badger

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Did you get round to installing DAB Danny? I bought a cheep Pure Highway unit with a mag mount aerial that connected to the aux in.
    Reception was great all the way to work where I usually have problems with FM. The only problem was the second hand DAB unit I bought didn't work properly so was only on left speakers so is in the post back to them. I may well be going to Halfords and getting a similar unit for £30.