1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 driver side under body cover part

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by waldox, Feb 13, 2023.

1. waldox

waldox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    looking for driver side under body plastic cover part number (circled in pic)
    also any one know what size clips and screws i would need?

im thinking its this part number 51444 12050
    https://www.toptoyotaparts.ca/oem-parts/toyota-shield-5144412050

can anyone confirm, thanks

smbottomfrontpart.jpg

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The corner pieces You need to look at the parts breakdown real good there's a bunch of little pieces that go in the corners just ahead of the front wheels is a little bracket with two studs sticking down and a little wing type of fair that stands down towards the road the width of the front tire etc etc all of that stuff gets chewed up over time people running up on parking curbs and all of that stuff scrape from the front leading edge of the bumper cover all the way to the very front of the front tire almost is area that can get scraped and fubar easily. Your mission will be to keep up with this stuff and keep replacing it as it gets torn up or not My 13 persona doesn't even have front fender liners hasn't affected gas mileage or anything a little more dirt and water than usual whips around in the wheel wells but that's about it so I just haven't bothered replacing fender liners and corner pieces and the under seat area trays which just fill up with rocks and debris that's all piled in the carport shortly it'll be going to the dump because I'm cleaning up everything and all this stuff will go bye-bye It is of no use to us.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I think it’s sold as one part, all the way from that lower portion you circled, plus up and around the inside of the wheel well. There is actually two plastic pieces, and a joint at transition into the wheel well, but I believe it’s a “shop” connection. There’s 3 bolts going through a metal backing bar into weld nuts on the inside, and they quickly turn into rust lumps in North American environment (winter salt).