1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Gen II Satellite Radio SAT 1 memory button only

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ne town, Sep 1, 2011.

1. ne town

ne town New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    2010 Gen III Satellite Radio SAT 1 memory button only

The AM/SAT button only scrolls through AM and SAT1. I am missing SAT2 and SAT3. Any ideas why this would happen? Or what I may have done to make this happen?

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    First, welcome to PriusChat. Nice to have another NC'er on board.

Your car is a Gen III Model Two. The 2010 was the beginning of the Gen III Prius. So you need to be posting in the Gen III section and not the II.

In order to scroll through SAT2 and 3, you must have preset channels configured for them. If you have no presets it skips these. Same for the other sources. At least that is the way it works for the Nav.

1 person likes this.
  3. ne town

ne town New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thank you for the 'welcome' and I appreciate you pointing out that Gen II mistake.
    I have set all of the presets but the SAT2 option doesn't appear. I'll give it another go and see what happens.

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Are you allowed to set presets in the SAT2 section? If it allows you to set the presets for SAT2 I have no idea why it will not select SAT2 when you scroll through the modes.

5. ne town

ne town New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    When I press AM/SAT it just goes between those 2 options (AM and SAT1). I never even see SAT2 or SAT3. I have all of the presets entered for SAT1, so I was expecting to have access to SAT2, but it never shows up. Does this answer your question? I'm not sure I am being completely clear about what is/is not happening.

6. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes. I have the Nav so I had to look in the Owner's Manual. You are correct that it should go from AM->SAT1->SAT2->SAT3->AM. I did not see anything that you could have done for this not to work. I would take it to the dealer and let them figure this out.

7. ne town

ne town New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    At the dealership now, so i guess i'll find out what's going on.

[update] evidently my JBL stereo only has the one SAT set of presets. i find that odd, but that's what the dealership told me. oh well.