1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Heatshields Available in PriusChat Shop!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Danny, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The most popular product we've ever sold in the PriusChat Shop is now available for the 2010 model: The Heatshield Sunshade.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, the Heatshield is a custom-fit sunshade that keeps heat from making its way into your car. Pair this with your new fancy solar roof and you'll have a very comfortable car to get into after work!

I'm slowly adding more 2010 accessories into the Shop, so keep checking!

PriusChat Shop : 2010 Toyota Prius HeatShield Sunshade - Front [1215] - $32.95
    PriusChat Shop : 2010 Toyota Prius HeatShield Sunshade - Rear [1215R-A] - $32.95
    PriusChat Shop : 2010 Toyota Prius HeatShield Sunshade - Front Side Windows [1215S-A] - $32.95
    PriusChat Shop : 2010 Toyota Prius HeatShield Sunshade - Rear Side Windows [1215S-B] - $32.95

All 2010 Accessories:

2010 Prius Accessories : PriusChat Shop

#1 Danny, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  2. rcsting

rcsting Toyota Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks Danny, ordering today !

3. Varko

Varko Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just ordered mine for my new 2010.

I had an earlier generation sunshade for my 2005. Actually, I won it in a PriusChat anniversary give away - just for being a member. That sunshade has kept my car cool for four years. [Thanks again] The new one looks like it fits a bit better, so I can't wait to try it out.

Sassylady likes this.
  4. greenbirder

greenbirder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Great! I'm still hoping for 5 Weathertech mats (inc. cargo). :pray:

5. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Sold, thanks! Picked up the door sills as well. Priced those @ $269 at my local dealer and they didn't have them yet. $20 cheaper w/ free ship is good w/ me.

6. dbacksfan

dbacksfan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Just ordered one for the windshield. Just in time for summer.

7. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    BTW, they're almost $5 more at the mauf. website. Good deal Danny!

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow, that was fast, Danny!

9. Jay C

Jay C Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Question, if they are/were so popular, why only 7 reviews?

1 person likes this.
  10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    cause we're lazy? =P

11. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine came today. Not quite the same perfect fit as the 2004 - about 1" too tall and maybe 1-2" too narrow. I'll give it time to "unroll" (have it sitting in the car overnight) before I make the final verdict.

12. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I love my sunshade which I bought through the Prius Club of Queensland but it is exactly the same shade as Danny sells therough the Prius shop except it has the Prius Club of Queensland logo on it. It has to be the best sunshade I have ever used. As it is made to measure it fits properly and blocks heat and light very well indeed. I use mine when I sleep in the car to reduce heat loss/gain and keep light out. I will soon buy the full set of side and rear shades, that will keep the light out even more than the blankets I have been using when camping out in my Prius.

The shade can be a little tricky to fit around the mirror and you will need to recheck your inside mirror before driving off. I like the velcro strap attached to hold it rolled up. Fits nicely across behind the back seat or in the box under the floor when not in use.

There, 8 reviews, happy now Jay C?

13. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I loved the one in my 2004 (won here on PC - thanks Danny), though it's losing it's rigidity and may be time to be replaced (if Mrs. Spinnr would be diligent enough to use it regularly).

I'm looking forward to seeing how well this will improve the Solar Roof effectiveness.

14. Jay C

Jay C Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sort of, your's is not for the 2010 version ;)

the Costco one I bought and used in my old car sort of works but it rests on the MID cluster to "fit" otherwise it's too small. It has sucktion cups to hold it to the window but then you end up with "rings" int he corners. I was hoping this one would be a "glove" fit but not according to Htmlspinnr.

I'll wait and see.
    Jay

15. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    After letting it sit overnight, side to side fit is perfect. Top/bottom fit would be better if it were say 1/4" shorter at the most. This may be how the windshield was measured compared to how the laminated foam expands when meeting the bottom.

I can say it works VERY well. I did an IR thermometer test at a spot below the gas pedal (hidden from sunlight) and read 104˚F. Ambient outside was 95˚F, and concrete surface in the shade was 98˚F. Other spots in the car were much warmer, and I'm trying to determine a universally accurate spot to check temps moving forward.

The car was parked facing south-east, and solar ventilation was active. Temperature "feel" when getting in the car was improved over solar vent w/o the heat shield. Next test will have to be with remote A/C active.

Definitely worth the $30 and fit is "close enough" where it won't be a long-term issue. I did forget how hard they were to roll up tightly enough when new though ;)

16. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's the same sunshade!! Just shaped differently for the 2010.

Mine works great. I got one for the smart and the Prius and both are a perfect fit. My Prius one is also losing its rigidity. The smart one is holding up (no pun intended) just fine without using the sunvisors.

17. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    From the reviews I've read at the PriusChat Shop and on PriusChat, I just don't see any advantages of the windshield Heatshield over a properly sized, generic shield. :confused:

I have two different types of generic shields for my Gen II that cover the windshield as well as the Heatshield seems to, that seem like they're easier to fit than the Heatshield, that seem to last longer than the Heatshield, and they're less than 1/3 the price of the Heatshield.

18. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The (near) perfect fit leaves very little gap. Most generic shades don't cover as well.

19. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Rick, if you don't mind I'm going to provide your feed back to CanvasWorks. Yours was literally probably one of the first ones produced for the 2010 so they may not have the design perfect yet.

@Boo, they also come with a 3 year warranty which most generic shades do not. CanvasWorks has always been very good about sending our replacement shades when needed.

1 person likes this.
  20. wave_slider

wave_slider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Danny,I'm on Oahu and actually work at the dealership. We don't have them here yet and I was wondering how much shipping would be to Honolulu, Hi 96821? please let me know. Thanks!