1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 - Help! Disabling Reverse Beep

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by sherryp, May 30, 2009.

1. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, there is a way to adjust that setting. And in fact, my app supports it. Please give it a try if you have an ELM327 device and let me know :
    Carista Beta-Testing | Prizmos Ltd

Actually I'm not 100% sure about the recirculate mode - it may be configurable based on whether the A/C is on, not whether AUTO mode is on. But I would be very grateful if you could try it and tell me how the car behaves with the different settings.

2. leea

leea Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I went to the link and it say there currently is not a beta version. When will there be one?
    Lee

3. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Oops! I had forgotten to update the "welcome message" in the carista-testing group. But rest assured, there IS a beta version right now :) I've just updated that message.

Sounds like you've signed up for the group; now please follow the rest of the steps and you'll get the beta. Let me know if you run into any trouble and I'll try to help. The public launch is planned for less than a week from now! So please help me out by testing the latest beta and reporting any issues you find. Thanks a lot!

4. crabbyman

crabbyman Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Going to give your app a run for the money tomorrow. I tried Torque and ELM237 Terminal..and a few others and kept having problems.

5. crabbyman

crabbyman Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I tried out your app today. Is there a thread for your app or should I leave my comments here?

6. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Guys, my app (Carista) was released today! Thanks everyone for testing - your help has been crucial! I've had at least 5-6 people from this thread try the app on their cars and report results.

Sorry about the late reply - I just saw this.
    Right now, there's no specific thread about my app and I'm hesitant about starting one myself for fear of being accused of advertising. But if someone wants to start one, by all means, do so! Or if not, just report results here (as long as they're not too off-topic) or email me at [email protected]

7. crabbyman

crabbyman Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I was the one that emailed you last weekend about the app. I still have to send you debug info. I forgot until I saw this update.

8. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah, ok, William, right? Just FYI, now that the full version is released, it doesn't have the "Collect debug info" menu item, BUT you can still get to that function by tapping on the version label 5 times (the one that says "Version 2.0"). The debug info from both of your cars would be very useful, thanks again!

9. crabbyman

crabbyman Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sent reports for both vehicles. Are you going to add other makes of cars or is this what you are limiting it to?

10. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Got the reports - thanks very much!

We are definitely going to add other makes, so stay tuned :) (Besides Toyota/Lexus/Scion, we already have VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda and we're looking into BMW and Ford/Mazda next). We are also hoping to expand our model support to older Toyota cars as well (possibly down to 1996). But all of that is going to take time.

11. crabbyman

crabbyman Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the reply. I was just curious as my family is a "Ford" family who always comes to me for computer and techincal advice. They can fix the mechanical side of an engine but when it comes to anything with computers/coding/electronics they seek me out.

12. Technigogo

Technigogo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I thought you would like to know that I have started a thread about your application here: Carista OBD-II application rocks | PriusChat

13. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
  14. literay

literay New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just bought a salvaged 2014 Prius.

Wanting to customize it a bit. Get rid of some irritating idiosyncrasies.

Got an ELM327 from ebay. Tried the commands to disable to backup and seatbelt beeps.
    It does not recognize AT SH 7C0. Comes back with a "?". Could the 7C0 code be different? Do I have a different model ECU?
    Also, does not recognize AT CAF1. Other AT commands comes back with info.
    I've used a few android apps with the same results. Although, Carista app reported that the device is defective.

Thanks
    Ray

15. Buderim

Buderim Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Please HELP !!!

My reverse beep is driving me mad ..

The Prius is a RHD Australian 2010 Gen3 built in 2009.

I have tried everything to stop the reverse beep , I have a ELM327 bluetooth OBD2 , I bought torque app Pro , everything seems to work fine ..

When I try and use the PIDs to cancel the reverse beep it appears to work and I get back a response , but the beeper wont stop.

So I thought I would try the command line method but when I enter the first code "AT SH 7C0" I get a "? " as a response.

Today I discovered this thread and I tried the app on post 175 , after I have connected the app I get the following error.

" Failed to set MFD address in header (7C0) - is this a Gen3 Prius ? "

If anyone can help I would be very grateful !!!
    gen3  7c0.png