1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010: How do I make PWR mode default?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by dbenfield86, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anybody double checked if any PID from the OBD could enable a PWR default mode? Maybe trough Torque or via TechStream?
    I would be very interested of driving always in PWR.

As came out from another discussion, i do realize is not commonly known your side of the pond that EU Prius and Auris have a different operational mode for PWR mode.
    On our cars, PWR leaves always ICE ON above 40 km/h in all conditions. But btw 40 and aprox 70 km/h, power to the wheels keeps coming from the battery. The only difference is ICE keeps remaining on, idling.
    And yes, it'a lot more confortable than ICE cycling on-off continously.

windstrings likes this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting. I knew that ECO mode is different (ours is tuned more aggressively than in the EU) but I didn't know PWR operates differently too.

3. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Indeed, believe me.
    Unfortunately EU Hybrid community is rather Priuschat-centric :) and nobody talked about the potential of that mode for FE and confort, just because you never raised the point or made any test or evaluation (of course, you dont have it...)
    I can tell you that i've been the first to raise the problem of investigating about it, when i've got my first hybrid. As a note, in EU, PWR mode works that way since Prius gen3 2009.

Tideland Prius likes this.