1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 JBL non-NAV HU questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Terrence Nixa, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Terrence Nixa

Terrence Nixa New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm looking at getting a 2010 Prius IV that has the JBL non-Nav HU and I have some questions...
    1. Does it do bluetooth audio streaming?
    If No, would it be a simple plug-n-play if I bought an 2010/2011 Prius OEM JBL Nav HU?
    2. To add a backup camera, is the wiring there and I would just plug in the camera or would I have to add the camera and the wiring up to the HU?
    Thank you for the help!

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Our Canadian Touring is likely the same system, JBL but no nav. It does have back up camera, displays in the rear view mirror. Also, it does not have Bluetooth audio streaming, does have Buetooth phone pairing though, with steering wheel controls. It can pair more than one phone, but will only answer one you select, which is a bit frustrating. To switch the selection requires diving into the menus, a pain.

If we want to listen to music from our phone we plug it in via the phone's headphone jack, with mini-rca cable. Works fine.

Again, this is a Canadian model, not sure vs the States. Can you look up previous year pdf's of the brochures, it should be covered. There is a link somewhere, @Tideland Prius maybe knows?

3. Terrence Nixa

Terrence Nixa New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Interesting features with the Canadian model.
    Anyone tried to add a backup camera to a 2010 IV non-Nav?

4. Dyjital

Dyjital Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    1: no, their phone pairing does not have audio pass through with the non-nav system.

2: no, the wiring isn't there. Only option there is to add aftermarket, even if you add a NAV head unit with backup, you will be dealing without having the plugs for the OEM system. Best bet is to have an aftermarket one put in that has a screen somewhere, look behind you with mirrors OR one of those flight line guys with the glowing sticks to direct you.

5. hayden55

hayden55 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the same car.
    1: Buy a bluetooth audio adapter from amazon and run it. It comes with a controller interface thats really small and a power adapter that has a usb plug and a mp3 plug. It came with a three usb charger i have plugged into the center console, and can have the device plugged in, and two other usb charging cables. I wrapped the cable up to the length I need and have the controller stuck to the left side of the console by the cup holder where i can pause it and go back and forth. I love the functionality and non intrusiveness into the interior it has. Then you can make calls on your oem bluetooth.
    2: Then for the back up camera: I don't really think they are a necessity but a lot of people use the wireless ones with a phone app, or you can get ones that have a screen in a new provided rear view mirror.

RearVision: A Redefined Wireless Backup Camera System | Pearl
    Here's the one I always see that advertises the most. But you could go cheaper.

Either way the above options are super functional and a LOT cheaper than oem part swaps.