1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB 2010 Left Front Fender - Blizzard Pearl

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by cbjimenez, Oct 16, 2014.

1. cbjimenez

cbjimenez Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello - Someone at work ran into my front driver's side fender on my 2010 Prius IV (IV not Four as it's a 2010) (Blizzard Pearl) and am not able to get anyone to tell me the truth as to who did it, go figure (i.e. hit and run). Anyhow, I'd like to not use insurance and get a replacement blizzard pearl fender privately, otherwise the auto shop is estimating $800, only to repair. Let me know if you have a fender available for sale or any tips on how to get it repaired in an easier (cheaper) but quality manner - I've attached a couple photos below.

FullSizeRender-1.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    repair is better than replacement. It will retain the original VIN number on the fender part. If you change it out, it would no longer have the original VIN number, evident of an accident.

cbjimenez likes this.
  3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Try eBay for used parts if you want to go that route....

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'd get a replacement fender, since it is a simple swap, but go through your insurance and get a body shop to do it. Regardless of it being a salvaged fender (possibly in your color) or new, just primed, it'd be best to have pros repaint the fender and extend the paint out into adjacent zones, doing what they call blending.

Avoiding a claim, finding a blizzard pearl fender and bolting it in yourself may seem the best route, but:

1. Since this is a hit and run situation, it's likely the lowest deductible you'd have to pay. And it's no fault, your premiums should not go up.

2. Just bolting on a salvaged blizzard pearl fender, I suspect you will be able to see a transition in color.

3. It's less hassle for you, and if anything goes wrong in the repair, or further damage is discovered, it's not your responsibility.

cbjimenez likes this.
  5. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  6. cbjimenez

cbjimenez Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thank you all for your tips, greatly appreciated.

7. mypriuscious

mypriuscious Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That paint is hard to blend, as I was told by a paint distributor. As it has 15 different variances.