1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Liftback Leak

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by jdcollins5, Sep 16, 2017.

1. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    image.jpeg image.jpeg After a couple of days of heavy rain after rain bands from Irma, I noticed a stream of water running down inside the car, from the top of the Liftback, when making a turn. I checked the rubber gasket all of the way around without seeing a problem.

The next morning the same thing happened. This time I noticed a water droplet in the break in the plastic molding around the top of the inside. I popped off the molding and noticed a water droplet around the windshield washer sprayer nozzle. Then I noticed that the clip on the right side of the sprayer nozzle was not engaged. I could push the nozzle up on the right side and see daylight.

I took a small screwdriver and pulled the clip back out on the right side and secured the nozzle. I sprayed a water hose directly at the nozzle and all around the top of the Liftback and everything remained dry. I need another hard rain to verify no more leaks.

The first picture shows the top plastic trim removed and the second picture shows a closeup of the nozzle where you can see the plastic clips that holds the nozzle in place.

I have no idea how the clip became disengaged.

#1 jdcollins5, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    kc410, Mendel Leisk and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    good catch, haven't seen that one before.

jdcollins5 likes this.
  3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We had a thunderstorm this afternoon with heavy, driving rain. Everything was dry around the washer nozzle.

So I think I can declare success on this and consider myself lucky it was a simple problem to fix.

Raytheeagle and bisco like this.