1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Opinions from someone who is not exactly a Prius-phile...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by SW03ES, Feb 5, 2009.

1. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That sucks. The fact that you have to do that in a 2009 model $30,000 car is just criminal.

As for the HIDs, I don't know why so many have had issues with them on this car. I've had HIDs on cars for 10 years, cars with hundreds of thousands of miles with the original HID bulbs...Weird. The Platinum '10 Prius will have LED headlights which are much like HIDs.

As for price, we'll see. I bet this car will be $35k easy loaded. One thing I noticed at the show was how expensive Toyota vehicles are becoming. A loaded Rav4 is $33k! The Rav4 is not a $30k+ vehicle.

Seeing that the Venza is mid 30s loaded, I bet the Prius will be too.

That doesn't surprise me. Styling makes all the difference.

have you ever had a car with heated seats? Heated seats are a beautiful thing. Even when its not cold, back get sore on the road? Turn the seat on low. I would really miss them, and do when I drive the Prius. Although I take a lot of painkillers before I drive our Prius anyways, so half the time I don't even remember the trip ;)

My wife loves the Prius, the only things she misses when she's been driving the Lexus for some reason and gets back in the Prius are the heated seats and the sunroof.

2. twilsonchicago

twilsonchicago Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The lack of seat height adjustment was, on paper, a potential deal killer when my wife and I started thinking about getting a Prius two years ago. Not because either of us is particularly tall or short (I'm 5' 11" and she's 5' 8"ish with long legs), but because, coming from 10-way power seats, we just couldn't understand how we'd find the perfect spot without height adjustment. But as luck would have it, the as-engineered seat height turns out to be just right for both of us. In fact, we even use the same fore-aft position so there's no seat adjusting with driver swapping. And, to top it off, we both find the seats more comfortable in general than in the German lux-sports sedans we used to drive.

Tim

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    After sitting in a number of Honda Civics, Accords, and Mazda 3's, I now know the 2009 Prius driver ergonomics are nothing more than 'ok' for a tall person.

The Honda and Mazda driver's seat height adjuster takes the whole seat bottom downward and backward simultaneously, really giving a lot of legroom for a tall driver.

I have found the Toyota Matrix and Corolla height adjusters mostly just tilt the back of the seat bottom down, but don't move the seat bottom backward. This helps give some more legroom, but not very much.

I'll be intersted to see how much farther the seat will slide back on the 2010 Prius than the 2009.

4. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Its the same way for my wife, she finds the driving position just fine.

5. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well I'm the opposite end of the height scale. I'm 5'1" and now that the Prius will finally FINALLY offer a height adjustment function I will purchase a 2010 Prius (in 2010, not in 2009).

6. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm 6'2" and my girlfriend is 5'8" - height adjustment is great, but what I really want is driver memory buttons. I didn't notice any of those - anyone else?

Oh well, even without that feature, I know we'll still be flipping coins to see who gets to drive the 2010 and who gets the 2006 every day...

Dave

7. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    That would be kind of difficult, since the only powered feature is the lumbar support. ;)

8. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We all cannot be Pat Sparks (even though we tried).:(

9. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You need to swing by my place with a used Corolla seat and I can fix you no height adjustable problem.