1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Options you Need help Deciding on

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by spinnsilly, Sep 28, 2009.

1. bps

bps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If you can't decide between two colors, just buy and own two Priuses! (see my sig)

Bryan

2. tonosama

tonosama Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Is having a color that sets you apart very important? Is so, the fact that many people don't choose gray would encourage me to get it. If Toyota offered the colors I want for my 2010 Prius, I would have bought the Silver Pine Mica from the '09 Prius but it was probably so unpopular that it is not offered anymore. I would also consider Metallic Orange like the Honda Fit or a Metallic/Pearl Yellow, if offered.

Is having a car that other people like very important? If yes, get Silver. It looks good on the Prius and Mercedes Benz which is why it is so common.

Just be who you are. It seems you are a bit like me and enjoy being different by taking the unpopular choice. Based upon that, I expect you would choose gray. By choosing a Prius, you already join a community that sets itself apart. So, go further and choose the color that makes you happy.

BTW, I recommend Toyota Marin which has the same owner as Toyota Sunnyvale.

Tono

1 person likes this.
  3. archermoo

archermoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I can't really comment one way or the other on the color choices (mine is red :)), but I'll certainly second this recommendation. Nice, easy to deal with, below MSRP sale and they did well by me on my trade in. I've purchased both of the Priuses that I've owned there. I live in Pittsburg now, and lived in Folsom when I bought the 06. They were worth the extra distance.

1 person likes this.
  4. spinnsilly

spinnsilly New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi All,
    thanks for everyone's input. while I think Silver is more practical it also is the easier one to get and yet I didn't get it with the ample opportunities I had so i think that means my heart lies with winter gray. i'm hopefully buying from toyota marin. i'm not enjoying the whole new car buying experience - i've owned 4 cars up until now and this will be my first new one! i think i've been slightly jerked around by them but only time will tell.

5. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I wanted a silver gray Prius in 2007 but my local dealer could not find one for me. He kept trying to stick me in everything but a silver gray. I ended up buying my wife a silver gray Honda Accord.

Not wanting two silver gray cars, I decided to go with the Winter Gray and am very delighted with this. I agree with the above comments that the silver gray looks a lot better between washing and waxing. It hides dust, dirt, dings and knicks very well. But when I get through washing and waxing the WGM it really looks fine.

I agree that it depends on how you like to take care of your car.