1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prices Paid and Details

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Steve Cebu, May 9, 2009.

1. BigBert

BigBert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited

Live in NH no State sales tax collected, however we do pay a fee when we register the car to the town clerk.

2. BigBert

BigBert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited

You have to shop around, use truecar as a baseline then try to beat it. I had several dealers cry they were losing money on the car, or how everyone pays the same price then try to sell for thousands above market. When they say no you learn where the bottom is.

Bottom line shop a dealer who has several in stock, larger dealers will be more focused on moving their 2010 inventory. Be patient, watch the market and prices here as a baseline... Good luck....

3. priusenthusiast

priusenthusiast New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You bet...that was a lot of questions :)
    Good to know that I am not the only one waiting. I just feel that the prices can only drop from here. Are you exploring the Prius 4 as well and what quotes are you getting on the one with no nav? or the one with the nav?

4. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Prius 4? Nope, retired, fixed-income ex-Econ Prof can't justify a Level 4. If anything, I'll add an aftermarket GPS/DVD headunit and/or leather seat covers to a Level 2... the ol' more time than money tradeoff :(

Good luck with your quest!

5. 26nm

26nm IC Desgin Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry, I don't want to put up ADs for dealers at a forum.
    Check out the San Jose Mercury News weekend ads. I found Ads price are the lowest price you can get. As least for the overstock 2010 Prius at the moment.

Reply all the dealers about the lowest ads price ask them to beat it so they know that you've done your homework.

But you have to set a realistic price point that you are willing to pay for the car and is a serious buyer.

Price for a II base was ~3000 below invoice back in Oct. with all the rebates.
    I just check the last weekend's ads and prices went up a $1000 due to the end of the rebate. :eek: May be you should wait a little for the next round of rebate??:confused:

6. priusenthusiast

priusenthusiast New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    After a lot of digging on the release date of the 2011, finally found a note by Toyota themselves on their Facebook fan page that the 2011s will arrive towards the end of November. So, there is definitely value in waiting a few more days to possibly get a lower price. I already have a quote which is $2000 below invoice on the Prius 4

7. mshinrockford

mshinrockford New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    One possible reason for 2010 selling prices being significantly under the "dealer invoice"...
    I've read of "hidden" dealer incentives being provided by Toyota. I suspect that, as the 2011's get loaded onto ships for the voyage from Japan to the USA, Toyota will continue to increase these hidden factor-to-dealer incentives until the 2010s are gone. In this case, a dealer can sell a 2010 for significantly under "dealer invoice" and still make a profit.

8. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    As of this moment cars.com shows over 18,500 2010s in dealers' inventory--when will 2010 prices drop sufficiently to clear 'em out?

9. GasSaving

GasSaving Saves $1,000/yr on gas

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    18,500 Priuses left of the 2010 model year? You should be able to get $2,000 off list if you negotiate. Hmmm... tempted to trade in my wife's gas guzzler since a barrel of crude oil has now doubled in price in under 2 years.

10. 26nm

26nm IC Desgin Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wonder how often cars.com update the inventory count from dealers. It is definitely not realtime since the result comes back too quickly.

11. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I check cars.com every morning (and just to drive her nuts, report the results to my wife); their count changes at least every 24hrs.

Likewise with truecar.com for a Blizzard Pearl Level II.

12. rogerbond

rogerbond New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What did you pay for your Prius IV ?. The best price I have received in NJ is 24,750 (w/o taxes etc.), does include 1 option (mats only)

13. rogerbond

rogerbond New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What is the range of your quotes? The best price I have received in NJ is 24,750 (w/o taxes etc.), does include 1 option (mats only), no Nav.

14. jayrider

jayrider Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    About 250 less than the IV I bought in august. Gas is going up so buy if the price is real. Be ready for all kinds of add-ons --- just say no -- especially in the finance office.

1 person likes this.
  15. tessmama

tessmama New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My local dealer has just offered for a new 2010 Prius II (with floormats as the only accessory):
    $21800 (plus tax) with 0% APR for 36 mos.

Is this a good price?

16. johnwho44

johnwho44 New Member

Model:
    N/A
    That's the same price I've been offered as well. And they don't seem to want to negotiate. Will wait.

17. tessmama

tessmama New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Do you expect prices to go down in the next few weeks?

thanks,
    T

18. johnwho44

johnwho44 New Member

Model:
    N/A
    It would seem so especially when the 2011s coming out. That's my guess.

19. abhishah4444

abhishah4444 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    do all research, wait last week of month where they will negotiate.

I got Prius II with leather out of door 23k$.
    it also icnludes carpet mets, cargo met and tinted glasses.

Talk to them on phone after sending mail to 10 dealsers closests to you, use truecar.com and toyota.com(for dealers names)

20. tessmama

tessmama New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wonder what the lowest price I should expect (today) on a Prius III with backup camera (since I had been offered a Prius II with 0% APR at $21800 plus tax)? (I hadn't even known about the backup camera when I decided to get the Prius II.)

I don't need the camera for me, but my now-13yo child will be learning to drive on this car in a couple of years, so it might be helpful then!

Thanks for any help!