1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prices Paid and Details

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Steve Cebu, May 9, 2009.

1. evpv

evpv Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus

BOGUS!! :-(

That kind of an ad shouldn't be allowed.

2. Blue Prius Texan

Blue Prius Texan Crazy? Nah...just humorous!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    In Fort Worth, on 12/23/2010, I paid $23,669 (plus TT&L) for a 2010 III with no packages. I think I may have paid too much.

:confused:

3. CivicSky

CivicSky Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    San Diego, Prius II. 4/26/2010. Finance $21,900 + tax & lic. -$8000 down from insurance company for my previously total loss vehicle. Research done & I guess I'm not paying too much!

4. priusbaker

priusbaker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hello everyone,
    just wanted to provide an update to my counter offer to longo toyota in so cal. dealer didn't budge, stating that they are selling them like hot cakes. not sure what to do. go with what's offered, 24,000 out the door or just wait until next year for 2011 models. what do you guys thinks?

5. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wait for the 2012 plug in version. That is what we are doing. Until then, support the oil tycoon's with their jacked up gas prices :rolleyes:

But honestly, it's your money and if you really want a specific Prius that you see on a lot, go for it. A few hundred bucks is not gonna break the bank and you will be cruising down the road with a big grin on your face. I know I can't wait for that day, but we are dead set on waiting for the 2012 model Five :rockon:

Mike

6. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If its the one you want, I think I would take it. Are you atleast getting the color you want?

7. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My local dealer that I am working with has this car that has been on the lot since 11/19/09.

2010 Toyota Prius V For Sale | Phoenix AZ

My guess is the Sandy Beach is not popular in that configuration. They have another exactly like it that has been there just about as long.

8. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That color is cool :)

Mike

9. priusbaker

priusbaker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks everyone for your inputs. the dealer didn't have our first option for color (blizzard pearl). 2nd choice is black or red which they have but would not let us do financing for 24,000 out the door price. would be 750.00 more to do this. i might just wait until jan to get the 2011 model for same trim (III) since there will be more choices. what do you all think?

10. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Wait or look elsewhere. If you buy a second choice color, you'll be driving down the road seeing the pretty Blizzard Pearl cars wishing you'd have bought that instead :p Do NOT rush into a purchase, you might not be happy once you leave the lot and it's your baby now :eek:

Mike

11. priusbaker

priusbaker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks for your input. i don't mind the 2nd or 3rd choice of color. i just wanted them to allow me to finance at the 24,000 out the door price. i wanted to put a large down payment and finance the rest. they wanted to add 750.00 more if financed.

12. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Keep looking. They can move $750 to make a sale. But if you really really want a specific Prius, just drop down an extra $750 and call it a day :) A few weeks of macaroni & cheese and hotdogs for dinner will make up for it :pound:

Mike :thumb:

13. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The Internet sales folk are not so good about dealing, nor are they very good about communication. I want to do a deal BEFORE I ever walk in a dealership. They all encourage 'test drives, blah blah blah.'

They pretend like they didn't get my complete specs, which are pkg IV in silver/misty with NO options.

I hate games.

I just want the car I want, in the color I want, for a good deal.

Why is this soooo hard?

14. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Keep searching, you'll find it eventually. See that red car in my avatar, I found that car 300 miles from here. Was it worth it, hell yea :rockon: You can do it too ;)

Mike

15. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    < whine >

I don't wanna have to drive 200 mi to get a new car.

</whine>

16. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't on that red car. I looked at the online pics, called them and verified what I needed to know, and found a dealer in our area to do a dealer trade with them. I drove 20 miles to sign & drive it home :) EZ :rockon:

Mike

17. Rake

Rake New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    They are the dealers and they are the house. They can really get you (most of us) if you go in and take a sniff, it's their turf. Why should they deal on the net, settle prematurely and crimp their margins? Look at the fancy showrooms we pay for. As in Vegas, rules favor the house. As consumers we must do our homework and be prepared to walk if not satisfied.

18. Rake

Rake New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just wanted to see what that sounded like. I am working on a platform...

19. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ha.

Sometimes you just have to go in. Right now, at the end of the year, with alot of 10s on the ground, the game is very different. I usually buy everything through fleet, but this time I am working directly with a manager. Once we come to an agreement, I am sure he will hand me off to a salesman to do the paperwork.

For anyone serious, i would bypass the monkeys at the curb and go straight to a manager. If they know you are serious and will buy now from them, the game changes. They want your sale. If you are going to buy a car, they want you to buy it there.

The problem with the internet, is they are not usually going to get too serious when they know all you are doing is shopping them and many other dealers. If you know what you are willing to pay, walk in, give the manager your offer. If they don't take it, then just walk.

20. coach81

coach81 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    good thread