1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prices Paid and Details

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Steve Cebu, May 9, 2009.

1. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think you should wait because I suspect you could get them lower in 30 to 60 days. If you have a running car now and can wait the additional 2 months you may find you have more leverage.

Hard to say, of course, but that's my gut feeling upon reading their offer to you.

2. priusbaker

priusbaker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Lottamoxie,
    thanks for the feedback. will wait another month unless the dealer counter with better rate than 3.9% or lower the out the door quote of $23,935. thanks again everyone for your sound advice.

3. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If the rate quote is based on your credit profile, I'm not sure if you'll get a better rate offer. Generally it pays to wait until you really need a new vehicle but if this deal is a good one, you have to decide if you'll get a better deal in the future. All it takes is one incident in the middle east or a refinery blowing up, etc., for gas prices to go up considerably, making the Prius and other similar vehicles, new or used to go up in value too. Good luck on your purchase! I know you'll like it whether you buy now or later.
    :rockon:

4. priusbaker

priusbaker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    jhinsc,
    thanks for your input. the rate quoted was dealer. he will have to run a credit check. i will need a new car by feb 2011. selling my old one to my in laws. with reports of large 2010 inventory, i thought about waiting a little longer.

5. rakhehari

rakhehari New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    New member here but have lurked on the forums off and on for the past few years... Thanks for all the insight.

Lost my 2007 Prius II to a rear-ender 5-car pile-up couple weeks ago. No comments on the Ford truck that slammed into me, I guess the driver had an ominous metal grille in front for a reason. Well, she was taken away before her time, broken back to front, at only ~35K... Still fighting insurance as their quoted value in the total loss paperwork STINKS (IMO). However, my husband and I emerged mentally rattled but physically unscathed from the rubble, so we thank her every day.

Bought a 2010 Prius today. Decided not to wait for the 2011 after realizing that my specific color and package choices may not land on the ground here in the next 1-2 months.

My New Car:

Package III
    Silver Classic Metallic Exterior (sentimental for my lost one)
    Dark grey interior, fabric
    Includes navigation package (have gotten used to the backup camera especially parallel parking in tight slots at work - camera was essential and the $700 add-on on the package II did not make fiscal sense - am already loving the nav as opposed to my GPS units)
    5-piece floor and cargo mats
    Rear bumper applique

Researched prices within a 100 mile radius, internet + phone + many hours of personal visits and hagglling.

Settled at $24,500 (includes $760 destination charge)
    Minus Toyotathon discount $1000
    Plus $150 doc fee, Plus 7% tax Indiana

OTD $25,420

We added the Toyotathon special $1500 Platinum package of 8 yr bumper-to-bumper Toyota warranty, including 4 yr 55K maintenance (the 30K and 45K maints are expensive) - thought this was a fair deal.

I missed that sweetheart Prius in my garage. Will sleep well tonight.:)

Thanks to all of you out there for your love for the Prius - for me it was love at first sight with my last car - love the improvements on the 2010.

6. heyqqqq

heyqqqq New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was able to negotiate 1.99% through Toyota Financial. I was set on going with my credit union for 2.5% and didn't think anyone could beat that. The business manager said they could get Toyota to beat it at 1.99%. I couldn't turn that down.

I did put a put a large down payment though so the financed amount wasn't much. My credit is also excellent so there's no risk for them to give me a loan.

My sister just bought a Tundra though and financed about the same amount. Her credit I believe is also good but they wouldn't budge on their rate. She ended up going with her credit union for a little over 3%.

I think it all depends on the business manager you work with and how aggressive they are. Mine was aggressive and wanted my business; my sister's guy could care less and said it wasn't worth his time to try and match any rates.

I was going to wait for the 2011s but then read they are going to start making them in Thailand. I was a mfg engineer for awhile and something about a product out of a new plant didn't appeal to me.

Also, Toyota seemed to have very little quality problems when they were all made in Japan. When they started expanding, some of that control was lost. Maybe that's a stupid reason to buy a 2010 but it was something I considered. Either way, whichever and whenever you buy, I'm guessing you'll enjoy the car.

7. xgrad

xgrad New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    pulled trigger on 2010 silver Prius II base (just mats). Paid 21,700 (excluding TTL). Probably not great deal, but ok deal? What do you think?

8. evpv

evpv Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Congrats on the new car, excellent choice of color.

You can save about $500 on that warranty, follow the link for info.

http://priuschat.com/forums/knowled...d-toyota-prius-extended-warranty-service.html

I think you have a month to cancel the Toyota warranty with no penalties.

9. ghust

ghust New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I got a quote of 25,400 for a Prius III with Nav. I think it's a bad deal right now. What do you guys think?

10. Tidalflats

Tidalflats Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Does anyone else feel a bit "challenged" trying to make sense out of what others are paying? May I suggest that it is much easier to follow if we write: what model; what options and then how much over invoice, or under invoice, so we have the same "reference point" to go by.

Most, if not all, people are writing in what the dollar figures are for a model, but that's not enough reference to make the comparison easy and clear.

Do others agree with me?

Thanks....

11. OC Prius Owner

OC Prius Owner New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  12. OC Prius Owner

OC Prius Owner New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am currently working with Cabe Toyota in Long Beach on a 2010 Prius II. I will let you know the price tomorrow.

13. iqbal624

iqbal624 tree hugger... ;)

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just picked up my prius iv today for $230 under invoice.

With Nav and floor mats. also had the rear bumper aplic.

14. Natch

Natch New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looking for any Chicagoland Prius experts. I'm looking to buy a '10 Prius II, and thinking of pulling the trigger by 1/3/11 in order to get the 0% financing. Can anyone offer recommended dealers (or ones to avoid) and any general pricing guidance? Not looking for expensive add-ons like the Nav/sunroof package. Also any thoughts on post 1/3/11 pricing strategies by Toyota?

Thanks all

15. zeerty

zeerty New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Natch, I am not from Chicago, but I would start with going to Truecar.com and finding out what is the "Great Price" for your area. Truecar will also list dealers that are willing to accept that price. (Be careful of added fees.)

16. priusbaker

priusbaker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    xgrad,
    congrats on your purchase. just wanted you to know that i'm in a process of buying a 2010 prius package III and have a firm quote from longo toyota in el monte for package III for $21,700 excluding tax & license.

17. priusbaker

priusbaker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hello all,
    wanted to know if anyone used carwoo.com auto buying service site. read some reviews on them and most were positive. no haggles and stress from dealers' emails and phone calls. you accept or counter offers for clear, detail breakdown of final price.

18. markf57

markf57 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I signed up for CarWoo last week. I received 3 quotes from dealers within 100 miles. I also received 2 quotes from dealers more than 100 miles from me.

Unfortunately, the quotes where very bad and the one dealer that I countered, still was higher than I was willing to pay.

I ended up buying a Prius II that was the "ad car" from a local Denver dealer for $1508 less than the best CarWoo quote ($20440 vs. $21948).

I notified CarWoo and they promptly refunded my payment under their 100% happiness guarantee.

That being said, I would highly recommend you try CarWoo and see what comes up for you. I think it is all a matter or timing and what dealers are in their network in your neck of the woods. And if it doesn't work out, they will refund your fee.

19. priusbaker

priusbaker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    @markf57,
    thanks for your input. i'm using carwoot right now and had a couple of offers so far and their quotes were higher than what i had negotiated outside of carwoo. but i wanted to give them a try and will get a refund if no better offers come my way.

20. xgrad

xgrad New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thx Priusbaker, but it sounds like you are getting the much better deal if it is a base III for the same I paid for base II.