1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prices Paid and Details

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Steve Cebu, May 9, 2009.

1. Keridwen

Keridwen New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats to all of you who found good prices. I'm jealous....

I'm not doing so good....Quotes for a II with no extras is running from a high of $22,700 to a low of $22,200. This would be with 0% financing. I found a dealer 300 miles away that will sell for $21,500...but weather is not looking good for Friday which is the only day I could make that round trip.

Knowing the car is priced almost $1000 less 300 miles away has pretty much put a damper on me wanting to buy something locally and paying too much for it. Will probably wait for spring and see about finding a deal on a 2011...unless there are some last minute sales in Sunday's paper and I can still take advantage of the Toyotathon.

2. priusbaker

priusbaker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    xgrad,
    dumb me. with the recent demands after xmas, my quoted $23,925 out the door price just increased to $24,253. longo toyota claimed they only have two left and they won't last. what do you guys think? should i pull or wait for 2011 with its higher price but new?

3. us_matrix

us_matrix Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am in bay area and looking for a white 2010 III w/ nav and solar. Msrp is $28800. SF dealer offered me $25,800 w/ 0% for 60 months. Is it a good deal? Anyone got better deal than that?

Thanks.

4. Keridwen

Keridwen New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Priusbaker...

I'm in the same situation....can't decide if I should wait for the new ones in 2011 if I have to pay near MSRP for a 2010....I hate not knowing what the future holds.....

Dealers here must feel secure that they can sell what they've got for top buck..or maybe they plan to lease out the leftovers..I don't know...but they don't seem too concerned with selling....

5. xgrad

xgrad New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Priusbaker, Still sounds like a great deal if that is car is the one you want. Not sure benefit of waiting to pay higher on the 2011s with no rebates. If you are going to wait, maybe wait until end of next year then when the all electric Prius supposedly comes out then they may really be discounting 2011s.

6. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Local Maine dealer, including $1,000 consumer incentive, $20,600 Blizzard Pearl II, with $200 mats and nothing else... no applique, no wheel locks, nothing else. Add $300 for dealer "documentation fees," and that's it.

'Course in Maine we get to pay 5% state sales tax, local excise tax, title fee, vanity plate fee, radio antennae fee, hubcap tax.... just kidding about the last two... but only the last two.

7. Keridwen

Keridwen New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In MN, we pay 6.5% sales tax, registration fee to the tune of a few hundred a year on new cars, plate fees with an added cost for vanity plates...and in my county--a wheelage tax...yup...that would be an actual tax on wheels....or is it the axles...I forget...

Now....if I could just find a Prius II for $21,600 around here, it would be sold. With or without mats.

8. richcowcow

richcowcow New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I just bought the white 2010 prius iii w nav for 22,800 before tax. This didn't have solar. Bought it from Prius Hayward. Hope this helps.

Richard

9. us_matrix

us_matrix Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Did u mean after 1,500 rebate? Just bought it in Hayward too for 25,800 with 0% for 60 months.

10. impact10

impact10 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2010 III with 19K purchased early on during the Cash for Clunkers. They sure are stretching out the 2010 model year! The question I have is how unique to you think the deals being made and 0% financing is now? I am very tempted to get another one (IV), and save the "older" one for my kid going to college next fall. Don't really need anything for a year, but am tempted to bite. Opinions?

11. rakhehari

rakhehari New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks, but I am not convinced about that. Right now with Toyotathon offers, Toyota's warranty pricing is 50% off. So my package for 8 yr bumper to bumper Toyota warranty PLUS 4 yr 55K maintenance cost 1500.
    From what I see on the forum, the platinum 7 yr (100K) warranty is 1055, and the maintenance package is 865. Put together, that would be more than what I paid for one year less coverage.
    Please let me know if the forum has even further discounts on warranty and maintenance than what I am reading.

12. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sure! Adopt me and then buy two of them!:D

13. daroo888

daroo888 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I know this is thread for 2010, just want to throw out my numbers for a 2011 bought on 12/26 for comparison.

2011 Prius pkg 4 with Nav, floor mat pkg, and bumper applique. Metallic grey.

30,740 OTD.

14. priusbaker

priusbaker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Us matrix
    Congratulations on purchase. Looks. Like a good deal. I just bought package iii in so cal, lingo toyota, for out the door for$ 24250. Blue color and comes with mats, door edge guard and bumper applique. Tried carwoo hoping to get better deal but the offers were 1500-2000 to my lingo quote. Would have gotten a better deal with lingo for 23925 it'd but they were running out. Oh well. Goodluck to everyone still shopping.

15. priusbaker

priusbaker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry everyone on wrong spelling, trying to type on my phone keypad, not good at it. Anyway, the dealership is lingo toyota in el monte (so cal).

16. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The 2010s are moving pretty quickyly here. The dealer I am working with sold 6 2010 Prius yesterday. At that rate, they will be gone soon.

17. impact10

impact10 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Did they have 0% financing on the 2011s?

18. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations on your purchase! I was wondering if you had bought.

19. daroo888

daroo888 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I paid cash so I don't know for sure. But I don't think they have any incentives on the 2011s. The 0% and 750 cashback was for 2010s here in so cal.

20. priusbaker

priusbaker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks bretaz for your sound inputs in addition to everyone else. This is an awesome forum. I am content with my purchase given the amount of research i put in along with all your guys insights. Now i will wait for delivery then update on the whole process. So far, it has been less painful than i originally thought if you do a little research and stay informed. Forum like one is great place to start.