1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prices Paid and Details

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Steve Cebu, May 9, 2009.

1. givenup

givenup New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    USAA offers a similar car buying service. My advice - take the lowest price, call the dealer, and have him call you back when he has the car. It turns out the lowest dealer near me doesn't really have much inventory, so he needs to call other dealers and beg them for their cars.

I ended up going with the second best price because I was so sick of all the BS.

2. Dragonrider

Dragonrider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just purchased a 2010 IV, Blizzard White with, mats, and the sunroof package - listed at $2500 under the 2011s, which were not in stock anyway. Mine was $29,132 out the door. Probably would have purchased the V, if any were around.

3. tractng

tractng Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks guys. I have bought many cars in the past, but never a hybrid :). I drove the prius II with the wife. Sticker price is $24,080. My goal is to get that price OTD (9.75% tax). I will use truecar.com to have the dealers contact me.

4. Jeff_Is_Mr_Mom

Jeff_Is_Mr_Mom New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    After a long while, I've finally decided to pull the trigger on a Prius II in the near future (<2 weeks). Locally, there are three Toyota dealers and I'm hoping to work all three to get the best price. That said, one of the local dealers has several "new" 2010 Prius II's in stock...w/a current advertised price of $ 21,746; that price includes destination and dealer doc fee (which I'll work on). State & local taxes will run me another $1,870, for an approximate "out-the-door price" of $23,616.

My main concern is if this is a fair price for an '10 Prius w/package II. TrueCar.com is pretty close to that on pricing, w/$21,500...but that's a 90 day moving average and I think that w/this being March '11, the discount should be even greater for a '10 model (unfortunately, I can't find the latest holdback and Toyota dealer incentive numbers). Am I being unreasonable with that expectation? I mean, I do understand that the dealer does need to make something; I'm not out to put the screws to anyone, just to get the best reasonable deal.

Thanks,

Jeff

5. ahope577

ahope577 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Jeff
    I dont think you are being unreasonable I was able to get 23800 on a 2010 III OTD so the price you are looking at should be very "do able"
    Al

6. tractng

tractng Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

ahope577,
    When did you buy your car?

7. nhul

nhul New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can you divulge the name of the dealership and the contact person/details (ph. etc.)?

Tks

8. patprius

patprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just wanted to thank everyone here @ Priuschat, and in this forum. The knowledge on prices and options helped me make a decision yesterday to pick up my Prius IV with a solar roof package. I got the car in silver with dark gray interior. They threw in a 4yr. maintenance plan with the car too.

OTD 32,000

9. darrenpaul10696

darrenpaul10696 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    OK...I picked up my 2010 Prius III with Navigation. I love the car and on my first tank I am already averaging 50mpg!!. I got the car for $24,538 with 0% APR. MSRP was $27,010.....A great deal?. What do you guys think?

1 person likes this.
  10. car78412

car78412 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Very nice color. It will look especialy hot with the dark sun roof. Congratulations. You will have many happy miles. :)

11. Chad_Mck

Chad_Mck New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Greetings! Thanks for a great forum... been lurking for a few years. Finally pulled the trigger a couple of days ago on a new 2010 IV with Solar and Nav for $27,500 plus TTL. Seemed like a good deal to me. I'm looking forward to many economical miles together.

12. calebu2

calebu2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm looking at upgrading my '04 to an '010 IV. The local dealership has a few with the nav option (I'm still doing my homework, so I take it leather is standard?), no sunroof.

I'd love to get them to install the remote start option because I want to waste some of my MPGs having the car nice and toasty when I get in it (It's 20 f-ing degrees out today... in March... that just isn't right).

Obviously, they can tack on a ton of overcharges on the remote start, so my question is, how would you negotiate for the combined price? Do I mention it up front or negotiate the best price on the base car first? Given that the dealership is moving used and 2011 priuses on the lot (albeit slowly), how much under invoice do you think they will go? Do they suddenly fail to find 0.9% financing if you negotiate too hard?

13. timtim2008

timtim2008 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    what states dont charge sales tax on new cars?

14. ahope577

ahope577 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Negotiated Feb 16th 2011 Took delivery Feb 21st and have been loving it ever since.
    Currently getting around 47.5 mpg on my 175 mile 3 days a week commute from the Laurel Mountains into Pittsburgh

15. Hokeysmoke

Hokeysmoke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I believe the only two states left that don't charge sales tax on automobiles are Oregon and Alaska.

16. Gallery

Gallery New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I negotiated $24,200 on a 2011 III without nav/solar. Dealer tried to sneak in a $200 VIN etching fee and a $350 doc fee. They offered to waive the etching fee and take $100 of the doc fee when I tried to walk out. I still walked. Should I have taken it?

17. PriusII

PriusII Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Got my 2011 Prius II last week. Blizzard Pearl with Mats: $22410+$50doc+DMV fees+9.7%tax=$25000 out-the-door price. I'm in Nor Cal, SF bay area.

I went through truecar.com and I think I did ok on the price.

18. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That's still a bit high for a III with no additional options! I got my 2010 III with Nav for $23K last July, I would think you could get a 2011 base III for $23K or less... Keep looking and consult a car buying service like Truecar.com, AAA, or USAA. I went through USAA and purchased for $3K under Invoice!

19. LatteDrinkingLiberal

LatteDrinkingLiberal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Still have a coupon available to save anyone buying a new Toyota from a Southeast Toyota dealer $200 in March.

20. LatteDrinkingLiberal

LatteDrinkingLiberal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My certificate is gone. Congratulations Juliann on your pretty new Prius!!