1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prices Paid and Details

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Steve Cebu, May 9, 2009.

1. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yep, my certificate is gone as well, congratulations to Scott on his new Prius!

2. clickerman

clickerman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  3. Gurple42

Gurple42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Don't know if this helps, but in Southern Cal, I was offered the same car for 22,120, turned in down and bought a Pkkg2 for 21175 (after 500 mfg rebate). Bought my car on 3/10/11.:)

4. mfz

mfz New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    2011 Prius Four silver / dark grey with navigation and mats. $27,150 + tax, title and licence. I didn't want the Toyota mats though. They are not very nice IMO, I replaced them with Husky Weatherbeaters to kid-proof my new car ;)

5. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was at the dealership getting an oil change yesterday. They were selling Prius like crazy. Had sold 7 units, 4 of which were Prius. Normally, this dealer keeps 100 Prius on the ground. Currently, they only have 39.

I am glad I bought in december. I figure that I probably saved close to 3k over what I would pay now.

6. sebastiansf

sebastiansf New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I am in market for Prius. Which dealer did you use? Was it recommended by truecar.com? Do you have to pay to use their site?

Sebastian

7. manku

manku Junior Member

Just came home with a 2011 Blizzard White/Bisque/NAV Prius III...36 months/12K a year...$325+tax, zero drive off including govt fees/taxes...ie. 35 payments of 325+tax.

I'm fairly happy with the deal...other dealers in SoCal all told me they couldn't match it, so I assume I did OK.

I wish my lease had been up 6 months ago though...probably could have gotten it for $50 less or more!

8. Gallery

Gallery New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    2011 III with mats, wheel locks, and Prius decal $24,300 in NJ

The deals are getting harder to find as gas goes up.

9. ncfishboy

ncfishboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    2011 II with mats $21,959 the local dealer wanted $24,000, so I drove 3hrs to Richmond and picked it up.

10. kensdabest

kensdabest New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So what did you end up paying for the Prius II? I'm in the market for one and I live in NY. These dealers are giving me crazy prices for 2011 Prius! NJ quoted me 26,111 OTD and I had another for 25,495.52 OTD.

The best one so far was 23500 OTD (but never got back to me yet)

So whats a good price for Prius II 2011? And at Richmond?? I think i'd travel that far if the price is right!

11. ncfishboy

ncfishboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have USAA for insurance and they have a car buying program, you just plug in what you want and they find the best deal, no haggling or anything. I just had to print out the certificate and bring it in (prius II blue metalic floor mats $21,959). The dealership emailed me to reserve a car and set up a time for me to come in and pick it up. The dealer even beat the interest rate for the loan I set up before going in. I talked to the local dealership (1hr away) and they said they would take off $200 but that was it and the interest for the loan was higher. When I went to pick it up I thought there would be a catch but I just showed they lady the certificate took it for a test drive and then filled out the paperwork and took it home.

I went to Haley Toyota in Richmond VA, a little over 3 hrs from my house. Over the time of the loan with the price I got in Richmond vs. the price I would have gotten at the local guy I will save almost $5,000 so it pays to shop around.

So all told with the price of the car, extended warrenty, tax, tags, BS and intrest on the loan it will be just over $24,000.

So if anyone has USAA insurance and is looking for a new or used car I would suggest at least looking at their car buying program, as another note I also used the consumer reports car buying program to see if I could get a better deal and it was exactly the same.

12. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on your new Prius! I've been toting the benefits of using USAA for quite a while. I purchased using USAA last summer and saved over $3000. It's definately a painless, money saving program!

13. FreedWillie

FreedWillie New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What's the residual at the end of the lease?

14. kensdabest

kensdabest New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow.. 24000 sounds like a great deal for Prius II for 2011. So.. if I can get a deal about 23800-24500 OTD that should be the ideal price for it?

Does that sound impossible??

15. Moneypenny

Moneypenny Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just got my 2011 II for $21,924 (just over $23,000 OTD). I feel like I got a solid deal for my area.

1 person likes this.
  16. kensdabest

kensdabest New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow! Thats an awesome price! Just over 23k OTD??

Everyone here on the the Tristate NYC are offering me 25300 OTD for a prius II.

How far out are you? Maybe I'll take a ride to get it!

17. Moneypenny

Moneypenny Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, I'm in Wisconsin so I think it might not be worth your time :p. We had a trade in which helped lower our sales tax.

18. LatteDrinkingLiberal

LatteDrinkingLiberal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I also bought via USAA. They gave me 3 dealers with 3 different "USAA prices" but I found that all will match the lowest price. Actually, I ended up beating the USAA price with some option add-ons.

19. Just4Kix

Just4Kix New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All
    Sorry for the delayed post. I got a 2010 Prius III end of January with floor mats & JBL audio for $22258 ($23203 OTD) . This includes the $1000 rebate.

Thx

20. Tink

Tink New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This is a cross-post from another thread, but I though relevant here.

I don't know about long term, but last week - before the devastation - our Lithia dealer was sold out (12 two weeks before) and they had a waiting list. Said the gas prices had caused a run. Also said the Dallas area dealers were the same. People on waiting list had deposits with no discounting.

In going over the financial news this morning, there was an article talking about the shortages coming affecting, mainly, gas sippers and luxury. They specifically discussed the Prius. A FL dealer quoted the same situation I described that we have in Texas.

There are apparently still discounts in other areas, and gas prices seem to be headed down. At least, this week....