1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prices Paid and Details

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Steve Cebu, May 9, 2009.

1. kensdabest

kensdabest New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I think I need to wait on the Prius if I want the price around 24000. I think all this hype with gas is really causing dealers to stand their ground and not push as hard for the prius. I remember last week they were trying to give me a Prius iv 2010 for 25600 OTD, but it was white so I wasn't interested.

Now they only giving me prices like 25000+ for a prius 2 2011 OTD..

Should have shopped around January! When no one was really looking and dealers were discounting them to get off their lot.

2. kensdabest

kensdabest New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    NEED AN OPINION..Please!

Dealer offering a car MSRP for Prius 4 2010

$27696 and $30166(w/ Navigation)

What is a good price to pay to get these OTD? Lets say sales tax about 8%.

Let me know! I'm excited to hear they still have some.. in NY. :cheer2:

3. jayrider

jayrider Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Prius inventories will not be replenished for a long time. Gas is rising. If anyone can find a prius with a discount, I'd be surprised. Dealerships are aware of the shortage and will act accordingly. In August, it was a buyers market. Today, dealers can dictate terms regarding discounts or add-ons. There will be no factory incentives from any Japanese cars --- even those built in the states. If you get a deal without a lot of backend costs, I'd jump on it.

4. Lori 08

Lori 08 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Just bought 2010 IV MSRP 27,600. Got $1000 off MSRP. Price agreed upon last Tues before the quake. Got 0% financing and that is going to save me a ton. I say do it ASAP. Have an 08 also and it has been perfect. No issues at all. Please shop around for the toyota extented warranty. You will save a bundle. My dealer quoted me $1850 for the 7/100,000 mile and I am getting quotes around $1050.

5. Freddiculous

Freddiculous Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    New Prius Owner here! Just got a black Prius III 2011 matts and navi for 26,614 OTD... 60 @ 2.9%... 303 a month. was this a good price?

6. manku

manku Junior Member

Is that including tax? Including bank fee (is there one on a purchase...it's 650 on a lease)?

7. givenup

givenup New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What a difference a few weeks make. I guess I'm glad I bought when I did.

8. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was at the dealer yesterday picking up some parts. Was talking to the inventory person (I am still on the waiting list for an iQ). They currently have 19 Prius on the ground and 36 more allocated. They usually have more than 100. He was telling me that the allocations for the Denver region are down because of the heavy inventories in the past, and that everyone pretty much only has package IIs. He had some package Vs that sat for a long time last year. Now that the region doesn't have any, everybody wants one. Anyone looking for anything other than a package II around here are going to be SOL.

9. Danpaul

Danpaul New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    New here tonight. In Washington state, I'm looking at a 2010 III with the JBL and Bluetooth, nothing else much in options. it was the dealer's service loaner and has 5000 miles on it. $23,900 + tax/lic., and it has the new-car warranty (the remainder of it) plus the Toyota Certified warranty. I know prices vary around the country and even w/in states. Does this sound OK? Ridiculous? Average? I can get a new 2011 II for $24,100, but no JBL, no Bluetooth and no Certified warranty. Thanks.

10. BhamPrius

BhamPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    just as a frame of reference for WA state: i bought my 2010 II (with 11 miles on it) in early feb from rodland toyota in everett and had a great experience. got the rear bumper applique and floor/cargo mats included w/the no-haggle price of $21,300 (after the $1000 rebate). I upgraded the stereo w/the Kenwood DNX6960 head unit (w/Garmin, DVD, Bluetooth) and added a back-up camera..all for under $1000 more. Happy shopping--let us know how you do/if you have further questions!

1 person likes this.
  11. Danpaul

Danpaul New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    BHam -- Thanks. Who'd you go to for the stereo? That makes a new II sound more interesting. But on price, I just started looking in the Oly/Tacoma/Bremerton markets and haven't seen a new II under $24,100. And no rebates to be found.

12. chikai

chikai Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Bought a 2010 Prius III in Blizzard White with 150 miles on the odo for $22,650. ($1k manufacture + $500 finance rebate) This was from Kirkland Toyota around late January.

We were aiming for the II but ended up with the III for the pre-installed bluetooth. The JBL is nice, but the FM reception is crap.

If you are down south, I would consider calling the Portland folks to see what they can do. I remember I spoke to someone at Vancouver WA Toyota and they were willing to match pricing to $20,700 on a brand new II. This was back in January.

I would certainly negotiate much harder on that car considering it has 5,000 miles on it.

And just out of curiosity why wouldn't you have certified warranty on a 2011?

Good luck!

13. Danpaul

Danpaul New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm the worst negotiator in the world. I'd probably end up owing MORE. On that Toyota Certified warranty...as I understand it, it's an odd deal that they offer only on used cars that have passed a multi-point inspection. So you can't get one on a 2011, till it falls into the used category. Most of the used 2010s I've seen have 30K on them at least, with little if anything left on the 3/36K warranty. So it's a deal-sweetener on that type of car. Includes (I believe) 8 or so years on the powertrain and five or six other items. Unusual to find on an essentially new car like this one that still boasts virtually all of the new-car warranty as well.

I'll get online and see what's shaking down in Vancouver USA.

14. GodzillaBorland

GodzillaBorland New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just bought a Prius III with bluetooth for 21588 but the dealer tagged on tracking and LoJack for another 164 + 395 respectively. Also paid 2100 for extended warranty but thinking of cancelling it.

15. givenup

givenup New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You probably should. I believe you have until 36,000 miles or three years to decide, and you can buy it here for something like 900 or 1100 dollars.

16. Lori 08

Lori 08 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Got a great deal on Toyota Warranty from Theresa Vonless at Acton Toyota. 7/100,000 Platinum 0 deduct. for $1050. Many plans and options 978-431-5869

17. wesayso

wesayso Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bought my 2011 Two w/smart key for driver door, on 3/11/2011. They gave me 20,000 trade in on my 2007 FJ Cruiser (50K miles). Walked out the door with the Prius for $4996 cash including all taxes, fees, etc. I never thought I'd get 20K for the FJ, given where gas prices are headed.

18. Euphony010

Euphony010 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Prius owners!

I'm in the middle Tennessee area and a local dealer has sight on a 2010 Prius V with the Advanced Tech Package in Silver.

I realize it's difficult to find not only this model but also a remaining 2010. We ran the numbers today and here is where they stand:

$34,210 + $500 mark up + $397 Processing Fee. $1000 rebate for a 2010.

I think they've lowballed our trades by around $3000 (we're consolidating two cars into one), so I plan to go back to them with updated prices for the trades but I'm trying to decide whether or not starting from the MSRP + Mark Up is right in the current environment. Is it wrong to think I might get it discounted as a remaining 2010? The Edmunds True Mark Value for a 2011 with options is $31886.

I'd appreciate any thoughts one what I should go back to the table with!

Thanks,
    Thomas

19. Gurple42

Gurple42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Go to another table, at another dealership!

20. Euphony010

Euphony010 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think I will, honestly. I emailed a broken out deal based on what I thought the trades were worth comparing both KBB and NADA and they came back saying they wouldn't budge on the MSRP. On a 2010.

The car we were negotiating on is already sold, so we'll just wait until we come across one either new or used and I'll sell my 2nd car privately to try and make up a little more cash.

Thanks