1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Pricing is available! Starts at $21k, goes up to $31,770 with options

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Apr 21, 2009.

1. saxamoophone

saxamoophone New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No offense, but why would you have done that to begin with??!?!?!?!

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    so is there a diff between jus plain ole Bluetooth and music streaming via bluetooth? (not sure i would want to do this or why with stereo sitting right there but...

3. toronado455

toronado455 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    There's something very odd about the options availability matrix. It shows the Solar Roof Package as only available on Prius III & IV, and the Advanced Technology Package as only available on Prius V. Which would mean that you can't get a Prius with both Advanced Technology Package and the Solar Roof Package - you'd have to choose between one or the other! That can't possibly be right, can it?

4. p626808

p626808 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It is right.. Too heavy to have both

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Be careful. Make sure you're doing an apples to apples comparison as much as possible. E.g., if you want back up camera or 3 door sks (both of which are on the 2009 Package 2), they're not available on the 2010 unless you spring for a high package # with navigation -- which will cost you a lot more than that $23K price you state.

6. toronado455

toronado455 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    WHAAAAAT??? If that's true, that's going to alienate a lot of buyers who want both the the remote A/C system and the adaptive cruise.

7. saxamoophone

saxamoophone New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Prius III only does phone-calls via bluetooth.
    The Prius III(and up) + Nav can do phone calls AND music streaming.

That way you could be streaming Pandora on the iPhone/Smartphone and listen to it over your speakers.

Of course, you could just use the AUX jack and save $2,800.......

8. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Not to be a jerk, but if you can't afford the car yet anyway, you should be looking at the II's and not the V's anyways.

9. Defrance

Defrance Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Buy one from Canada... you can do that here... just can't get the LED headlights with the moonroof.

1 person likes this.
  10. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Found that out too! All in all, I'm impressed! Blizzard Pearl is my choice as well, and looks like we could be twins soon!

Lee;)

11. rcsting

rcsting Toyota Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    How much is the price premium for the Blizzard Pearl? I didnt see that.

12. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

pricing is amazing compared to genII

13. carz89

carz89 I study nuclear science...

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My sentiments exactly! I've heard some people say that it weighs too much to have both packages. How much is too much? I haven't seen any hypothetical weight estimates. OK - so take off the 17" wheels. Solved! My gut feeling (from posts here at PC, and talking with friends who also own Priuses), is that 10% or more of potential 2010 Prius buyers would like to have both the solar cooling option along with all of the advanced technology features. No one I know seems to care for 17" wheels on a Prius, especially when they knock the fuel economy down a few MPG.

Someone else mentioned that this combo (minus the LED lights) was available in Canada. Not too heavy for Canada, is it? Way inconvenient for someone from San Diego to purchase the car in Canada.

On April 9th, in another thread, http://priuschat.com/forums/2010-toyota-prius/58321-2010-prius-models-option-packages.html, Prius Team mentioned that there would be a "surprise" forthcoming in the available options, based upon loyal customer feedback.
    I was hoping it would be an offering of both solar cooling and all the tech goodies. Didn't happen. So, what was the "surprise"?

14. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Yeah I was told at the NY event back in February there would not be an additional charge for the blizzard pearl... I still want the pearl paint anyway, but that's about my only disappointment. Well besides not being able to get the solar roof on my Prius V but we should all be over that now, we have known it wasn't going to happen for a long time now.

15. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If they do charge more for Blizzard Pearl, the cost will be around $200.

16. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    that is scary since my phone has the BT stereo capability. but with over $1000 invested in i-pods, i am not about to pay 99 cents a song to load a different proprietary format onto my phone for music's sake ESPECIALLY after i bought a cable for $30 to plug my i-pod in (and no harassment on my purchase... the $12 cable hissed too much when the i-pod was charging... the thing is 5 years old...its needs a lot of "power plug-in" time these days)

17. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Can you not convert the songs into MP3?

Or... better yet, buy from Amazon MP3 and avoid the DRM ;-) (shameless plug)

18. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Extremely Disappointed by Pricing and Option Packaging

I like the way Detroit used to do it. Choose a car and then choose among a 2 page list of a la carte options (e.g., on my '69 Chevelle SS 396, I had an a la carte choice of 3 engines of the same size but different horsepower).

Alternatively, if you're going to do option packaging, then at least make the safety and more basic options available in a lower priced option package, which is what Toyota did with the Gen II Prius (e.g., electronic stability control and back-up camera came with the Package 2; and moonroofs have been widely available in other cars since the 70's as a stand alone option for no more than $1000 -- making such an old basic option available only in expensive $5000 packages with navigation, leather and solar panel is ridiculous).

19. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Dave, It's nto clear from your post, but just in case --
    It is trivial to batch convert Apple mp4 copy protected to unprotected mp3 using iTunes.

20. hntr467

hntr467 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    mnsweeps, :eek: I have not yet yet driven a 2010 Prius, but I have driven both 2008 and 2009 Prius', and I've also driven the 2010 Honda Insight. I know it has probably been said before, but there is NO comparison between a Honda Insight and the current Prius, not to mention what I'm anticipating from the 2010 Prius!:confused:

If your only consideration is price and a stereo, then buy an Insight. Or save even more money and buy a new KIA Soul, ;)Kia Soul - Specifications, Photos, Wallpaper. However, if quality and superior technology and driveability, along with value pricing, is more important than price alone, I say go drive an Insight and the answer will be crystal clear! There is NO comparison!! I'm not trying to be rude, but I believe your post will no longer make sense once you've driven all three...:)