1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Pricing is available! Starts at $21k, goes up to $31,770 with options

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Apr 21, 2009.

1. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I believe when you mount the compass you have to calibrate it so that it can correctly point North from the driver's forward view (in most typical use cases). If you put the car in reverse the compass will still show which direction the front of the car is pointing.

I'm thinking of a compass that is not related to the GPS unit in anyway. My Xterra's rearview mirror has such a compass. A very simple device that works extremely well.

2. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was just pricing them on the internet. some are wireless and inexpensive. They also seem easy to install:)

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    CD changer

(I own several hard drive iPods based, a Nano and a Shuffle.)

So, you think it'd be better that Toyota didn't provide a multi-disc changer on ANY model? Should they only include a single disc unit or none at all? I think more people would be asking what they were thinking if they did that.

Even though CD sales are declining per Lil Wayne Notches Top-Selling Album Of '08, 360 MILLION CDs were sold last year. (I believe this is in the US only judging by Nielsen SoundScan: Total U.S. Album Sales Reached 428 Million In 2008 | AHN | April 23, 2009.)

There are still plenty of people w/o digital music players, w/o computers of their own and a fair amount of content not available in digital form (or that people might not want in digital form). If I like an entire album, I tend to still buy the CD.

4. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

In that case it's easily done aftermarket. It's the same cost and just as nice ( sans the solar panel ). I've probably had it done a hundred times over the last 10 yrs. No problem, it takes part of a day to install and the warranty is as good or better then the OEM warranty.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    lol.... this discussion is hmmm...ya, well

on the one hand; BECAUSE CD's are on the way out that must be a reason for me to toss my collection out and "get with the times" and therefore YES!! there would be no reason for a 6-CD changer right?

well, havent had a CD in the car for YEARS other than one i bought a few years back of Bob Dillon's latest version of his greatest hits. i do have a few i-pods. one with podcasts, mostly audio talk shows and another loaded with Burned CD's. it has about 2 months of music on it which means you play it for 24/7, it will start repeating in about 2 months

6. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the approach I may take is keep a set of discs in the changer w/ burned MP3's for music I like. I'd then use the blackberry or iPod for more dynamic content, such as podcasts, newly downloaded music (i.e. those free weekly MP3's from Amazon MP3), etc.

7. sluday

sluday New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is the only way to get the dimming rearview mirror w/ homelink is by getting package 4??? Does anyone know if this can be a dealer add on option? I would like to get the package 3 with sunroof but I could do without the leather heated seats, magic rain windows, and 3 door smart key.

Also I did not see anything about factory alarm options. Is this standard on all cars? I heard something about a glass breakage alarm available.

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  9. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    my feedback

Like the pricing on the Prius I and II. I generally like the included equipment on the II and III except for lack of 3-door smartkey. As I mentioned in another post, I'm dismayed that one has to go all the way to Prius IV to get 3-door smart key. I don't like paying for leather. I'd rather have it as an option for Prius I thru III.

Nav system is too expensive, but it's not a Prius specific complaint. It seems true of most car manufacturers. Considering it's unlikely we'll ever get the touchscreen LCD again w/o getting nav, I'd eventually like to the see the backup camera display be in the mirror so that one doesn't have to go for the nav system.

I wish that the remote air conditioning was available as an option across most models. I'm not into sunroofs so unfortunately, the solar roof package just seems to expensive and too much more $ to pay to get remote AC. I can see the logic of bundling the two in terms of both helping cool the car.

If I were in the market, I'd probably buy II or III w/IV being not very likely. I'd likely buy none of the option packages.

I'm pleasantly surprised that the most expensive model isn't say $35K, but that's sort of capped by not being able to get the solar roof w/the advanced tech package.

10. equake

equake Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Re: my feedback

Your posts expresses my sentiments also. I would like to see the Nav as a cheaper addon and be availiable on all packages. Don't really care for leather either but would like 3-dr sks, homelink in the IV package.

During the Earth day chat Doug mentioned something more advanced for the backup camera than the Can rearview mirror unit that may be coming to the US but I'm doubtful it'll appear for the 2010

The Nav has a couple of advantages in that the future USB interface will allow for media play and control from the head unit. Some of the Lexus and other Toyo. models can even play DVDs from the head unit. Of course one can also get an OEM unit and do a self-install and save $$$$.

11. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    There may be sound engineering reasoning behind not offering remote A/C w/o solar. Solar ventilation keeps most of the built-up heat exhausted out of the car. W/o the exhausting, the remote A/C won't make nearly the dent in interior temps before those 3 minutes are up.

The combination of the two allows for cooling of the interior without the need to start the gasoline engine. It's the next generation of "remote start".

12. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you choose to buy a Fiat 500 instead the Pearl paint costs a whole lot more than that here in Oz.
    From Fiat 500 Prices & Brochures - Fiat Australia - Official Site

How good are Toyota? Brilliant!

13. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It would be great to turn on just the fan remotely (no A/C pump). That should remove maybe half of the heat by the time you enter the car.

14. edmcohen

edmcohen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This straw in the wind showed up on Washington DC Craig's list today. If this is the tepid reception foreseen for the G3, then people ought to be very reluctant indeed to buy G2s at the current unrealistic asking prices!

Attached Files:

15. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Ugh, priussolutions dot com - horrible page design and 2010 context copied straight out of Priuschat.

16. bigbearballs

bigbearballs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    What's the difference between the satellite radio option and integrated satellite radio option?

17. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    None really. With the JBL system (Prius III +), satellite radio is integrated w/ the antenna built into the roof.

With Prius II base audio systems, it's likely an option, but the antenna would need to be installed at time of installation.

18. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If I had to guess, the base model is just a pre-wire and the one with the JBL is all fitted and only needs a subscription.