1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius 45-50 MPG deteriorated to 30 MPG

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by stanzeen, Feb 13, 2015.

1. kalum

kalum Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    pls tell me the corrective action i am also having the same thing from beginning

I BROUGHT A 3RD GEN TOYOTA PRIUS 2013 ( 3000KM TOTAL MILAGE) SEVERAL MONTH BEFORE . BUT IN CITY DRIVING IT DOES 12KM PER/LITER (35 uk mpg) AND HIGHWAY DRIVING IT DOES 22KM/LITER WITH A/C ON IN ECO MODE

IS THIS NORMAL BECAUSE I FEEL 12KM/LITER IS VERY LOW PLS GIVE ME SOME ADVICE. I HAVE ATTACHED LINK FOR MY FUEL-UPS
    Share Your UK MPG
    [​IMG]

http://www.fuelly.co...kalum123/319678

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not normal, you probably need to charge/replace the 12 volt battery. pump up the tyres, check the oil level,clean the air filter, all the best!(y)

3. tpenny67

tpenny67 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I live in Massachusetts and had a couple tanks that averaged out to 60 mpg last summer, but have fallen into the mid 40s this winter. All our cars are getting record poor mileage this winter. It's just been unusually cold for an unusually long time. There are no warm days to give a boost to the average MPG.

The Prius seems to get a double-whammy in the cold. First off it's less efficient in the cold like any car. Secondly, the engine doesn't shut off as much because it's running more to generate heat. In the summer I can be stuck in traffic for 30 minutes and the engine never turns on. In the winter, I get maybe a minute or two on battery before the engine cools off and restarts.

This may not fully explain why you're getting 30 mpg, but certainly it explains part of it. 60 MPG only happens when conditions are ideal and a reasonable effort is made to get good mileage (somewhere between "just drive it" and hypermiling)